Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Great shot, InitialD. Sure would be nice to see some new neighborhood tours of yours. Myers Park, maybe?
Myers Park, Elizabeth, and Dilworth are coming up. There has been so much going on I've been pretty busy. Last weekend I ended up spending about 6 hours longer than expected with the Obama rally. I took a nap. This weekend is Critical Mass friday then UNCC International Festival and Oktoberfest Saturday. Weather should be cleared up by Sunday, maybe I'll get out and about then.

What a shot uptownliving!!! I've always been fond of the view from the CPCC campus, especially their library. It has the expansive view of uptown. Initial, have fun at Oktoberfest. I was really looking forward to it but then work wouldn't give me off :angry: . Trade work for beer, cmon now.

Edited by Andyc545

So these aren't great pictures, but I was going through old photos and came across these from the 4th of July in Uptown in 2005, you know, before the riots and gangs took over...

I also admittedly knew nothing about photography at the time hence why they are so blurry at night. I think they at least capture the mood...

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

"Bob and the Bentley" - This is Bob, the senior horse that pulls carriages through Fourth Ward every weekend, and a car that has probably been listed for sale after the market crash.

post-670-1223654402_thumb.jpg

"ATL :dontknow: CLT" - Even small cities don't get state indicators, but of course Charlotte gets it.

post-670-1223654457_thumb.jpg

"ATL :dontknow: CLT" - Even small cities don't get state indicators, but of course Charlotte gets it.

post-670-1223654457_thumb.jpg

Thats crazy! I can't believe charlotte is the largest american city on that screen, and the only one with the state represented. WE REALLY NEED TO SHED THE TWO LETTERS OF DEATH! Even Charleston, a city that shares names with a city of equal size in WV doesn't have a State tacked on. That is just unbelieveable and infuriating.

Thats crazy! I can't believe charlotte is the largest american city on that screen, and the only one with the state represented. WE REALLY NEED TO SHED THE TWO LETTERS OF DEATH! Even Charleston, a city that shares names with a city of equal size in WV doesn't have a State tacked on. That is just unbelieveable and infuriating.

That is irratating to me with NC after Charlotte. There isn't any other large city named Charlotte, all the other Charlottes are like very small rural towns. I wouldn't think there would be any confusion unless people think Charlotte is in SC.

Glancing at all the screens, there were a significant number of small cities that do not have the state indicators. Charleston was the biggest shock, since there are two well known Charlestons.

I think people just have it in their heads that Charlotte needs the qualifier and so it continues. But frankly, I expected differently in Atlanta, as it is the same region and there are lots of flights between the two cities.

That is irratating to me with NC after Charlotte. There isn't any other large city named Charlotte, all the other Charlottes are like very small rural towns. I wouldn't think there would be any confusion unless people think Charlotte is in SC.

Most Americans confuse Charlotte, Charlottesville, and Charleston. Lets be honest. Americans are pretty ignorant. I remember watching a cameraman in Boston going down the streets of Cambridge, Mass. and other vacinities around Harvard and asking Harvard students it they could point out Iraq on a world map and they couldn't. They couldn't tell you where Oregon or several other states were located, or what countries fought in the world wars. I was reading that the other day a cameraman was asking several Obama supporters how they thought that Palin would do as his vice-president and they said that they thought she would do a good job. Come on, should Americans even be voting, driving, or even allowed to bare young?

^^ so true. The "N.C." after Charlotte irritates most of us, but as caterpillar mentions, it's the geographic ignorance of Joe Sixpack that is the genesis of it.

But anyone that is involved in the stock market, or even dabbles in it, should be educated enough to know where the heck Charlotte is~(?)

People mixing up Charlottesville, Charleston, and Charlotte is not the reason here, as neither Charlottesville or Charleston (much smaller cities) have state indicators above.

Also, don't forget, that in this case, the ignorance of average Americans is irrelevant. If someone's ticket says 'Charlotte' they are not accidentally going to go to Charleston. No one is that stupid. But since there is no other Charlotte with an airport, omitting the NC would not affect their flight.

To me, this is more indicative of the ignorance of the ATL airport officials.

People mixing up Charlottesville, Charleston, and Charlotte is not the reason here, as neither Charlottesville or Charleston (much smaller cities) have state indicators above.

Also, don't forget, that in this case, the ignorance of average Americans is irrelevant. If someone's ticket says 'Charlotte' they are not accidentally going to go to Charleston. No one is that stupid. But since there is no other Charlotte with an airport, omitting the NC would not affect their flight.

To me, this is more indicative of the ignorance of the ATL airport officials.

I don't know if it was just about ATL's ignorance. The only reason I say that is because when I was leaving Chicago the other day I also noted the NC attatchment for Charlotte at Midway. I was a bit taken back since I thought CLT had come a looooong way over the past few years.

Maybe the general public are idots and the airports have to accomodate for ignorance (come to think about it that is probably it. :whistling: ).

A2

That's an amazing shot....it almost looks like a big city ;)

If only One Charlotte and Wachovia Wells Fargo Condo were built.

Not to mention the back part of 300 South Tryon. Its Not healthy to dwell on what could have been however. :angry::angry: