Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

An Avenueless picture...yesterday was perfectly clear.

3295523368_be08bf854b_b.jpg

Exactly where is that photo taken? I've been trying to add that exact photo to my collection, but I'm always a little ways off. I've tried walking to the tree line just south of the Morehead St. bridge over South Bvd. I've tried the parking lot near Euclid Ave. and Royal Court. Maybe Baxter St.? But it seems a bit further north on Morehead than that?

It's from the parking deck of Morehead Plaza....you can access this spot easiest from the entrance where Royal Ct. and Euclid intersect. The parking area there has different sections, and this was from pretty close to the substation, just before some trees obscure the view. There is a a 4' or so concrete wall that surrounds the top of the deck and I balanced the camera there to do some experimenting with timing, though this was pretty fast exposure. If I were to shoot it again, I'd probably walk a couple of feet west and stand on top of the wall to get a little more of Hearst, otherwise this is my favorite skyline shot I've taken.

It's from the parking deck of Morehead Plaza....you can access this spot easiest from the entrance where Royal Ct. and Euclid intersect. The parking area there has different sections, and this was from pretty close to the substation, just before some trees obscure the view. There is a a 4' or so concrete wall that surrounds the top of the deck and I balanced the camera there to do some experimenting with timing, though this was pretty fast exposure. If I were to shoot it again, I'd probably walk a couple of feet west and stand on top of the wall to get a little more of Hearst, otherwise this is my favorite skyline shot I've taken.

That would be a good nighttime time exposure shot, too.

Thanks! Do you have to worry about security there?

I've noticed a lot of urban-assault riders lately. I ride often with a friend of mine and have noticed more and more bmx/freestyle/skaters than ever before. I think the style of construction that is prevalant in Charlotte lately is great for us. The ledge where that picture was taken is behind Dixies Tavern, always a very active spot on weekends...