Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

I hope someone will finish the Park Condos. It looks bad half finish.

I am sure that they are waiting for the best bid. I was under the impression that someone had purchased the place several months ago? What a nightmare that place has been. It was the first tall condo project planned for uptown Charlotte and look at it now that all the others are build.

Really? I'd consider all kinds of things culture, including skateboarding. Is there just one acceptable 'culture'?

1. the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc. 2. that which is excellent in the arts, manners, etc.

Top two definitions from dictionary.com. Skateboarding might not be for everyone, but if there are some people in the community who get together and do it, and do it well, yeah, I'd call that culture.

So many people complain that they want Charlotte to be a 'world class city'. World class cities have variety; skateboarding, pink buildings, etc., etc.. . . .

I like the skateboarding personally because I feel it is just one more different activity among a myriad of activities you tend to find in urban areas. It adds some life, some action, some 'color', and brings out a different age group and dynamic than would bankers after work, a party crowd, or conventioneers. It's pretty fun at and around the square to often find these kids, the chess players in the park, a protestor or two, the veggie and flower tents, etc.

I like the skateboarding personally because I feel it is just one more different activity among a myriad of activities you tend to find in urban areas. It adds some life, some action, some 'color', and brings out a different age group and dynamic than would bankers after work, a party crowd, or conventioneers. It's pretty fun at and around the square to often find these kids, the chess players in the park, a protestor or two, the veggie and flower tents, etc.

Yep, that's what makes cities fun and interesting places to be.

Not only was it skateboarding, it was an art and music festival as well.