Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Nice. I'm interested in seeing how they do the handle.

I think this is going to be one of the most photographed buildings in Charlotte history.

I can't wait till it's finished with finished lighting. I think the time exposures are going to be very cool.

I think this is going to be one of the most photographed buildings in Charlotte history.

I can't wait till it's finished with finished lighting. I think the time exposures are going to be very cool.

Great shot, I think that you need to post the night pix of nascar tower, thats the first time i'd seen the Nascar Symbol lit up! Keep shooting, I love you work as always.

Great shot, I think that you need to post the night pix of nascar tower, thats the first time i'd seen the Nascar Symbol lit up! Keep shooting, I love you work as always.

Thanks very much. I'll post a couple over in that thread.

Jim

(Brooklynite for awhile; E. 26th St. and Ave. U)

NYC closed down the station exit at 59th and Lexington when ice kept falling off the Bloomberg Tower into the stairwell, so it is a legitimate concern. However, I think this tower will have enough of a "lip" to prevent the limited amount of ice ever to form in Charlotte.

3474586463_d74e8230ca_o.jpg

I might be jumping the gun a little bit when I say this but, I'd like to call this thing Topped Out!! Renderings put the handle at most 5 or so feet higher than the rest.Great picture, absolutely stunning.

Edited by Guest

I might be jumping the gun a little bit when I say this but, I'd like to call this thing Topped Out!! Renderings put the handle at most 5 or so feet higher than the rest.Great picture, absolutely stunning.

I agree, I think those four columns on the top are part of the handle.

C'mon folks applause is due; initialD has a huge winner here.:) This photograph is stunning. One of the best pics I've ever seen on UP. Bravo!

For the longest time I was the first one to poo poo this tower. But I've definitely started to warm up to it.

Edited by Charlotteman

C'mon folks applause is due; initialD has a huge winner here. :) This photograph is stunning. One of the best pics I've ever seen on UP. Bravo!

For the longest time I was the first one to poo poo this tower. But I've definitely started to warm up to it.

:good:

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe this actually my city I am looking at. Even though I am not a fan of NASCAR, having the hall of fame, with other things going on, is making Charlotte a truly unique city and an up and coming city of the future.