Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

^ Nice angle, you can even see the Vue starting to rise in the background!

And from that distance there is no perspective distortion so you get a more accurate sense of the actual comparative heights of the buildings.

Looks like the cranes on DEC are actually higher than BOACC.

The view from the Southpark Mall parking deck is awesome...I've never really looked at it before b/c I usually park on the surface lot near Dick's Sporting goods, but when I had to park on the roof of the parking deck for the Beer and Bourbon Festival a couple weeks ago, I was stunned at the great view, and very upset that I forgot my camera. I'll have to get back there sometime soon...maybe for one of the concerts that the CSO puts on there at Symphony Park.

Those are all nice shots. One place I've always thought would make a great shot of the skyline is coming north on I-85 right after you cross Little Rock rd. but before you get to Billy Graham pkwy. It is quite impressive and I don't recall seeing any shots from this angle (I could be wrong). I don't come that way often but I'll try to get a shot the next time I do. Side note on I-85, there are also some nice angles off I-85 around the Brookshire exit near the old Merita Bread place. Maybe a powerline in the way of a great shot. Just my 2cents./

Those are all nice shots. One place I've always thought would make a great shot of the skyline is coming north on I-85 right after you cross Little Rock rd. but before you get to Billy Graham pkwy. It is quite impressive and I don't recall seeing any shots from this angle (I could be wrong). I don't come that way often but I'll try to get a shot the next time I do. Side note on I-85, there are also some nice angles off I-85 around the Brookshire exit near the old Merita Bread place. Maybe a powerline in the way of a great shot. Just my 2cents./

Not exactly Little Rock Road exit, but Statesville Ave....

post-18011-1242844924_thumb.jpg

Honestly, Windsurfer, that is the most flattering shot of the QC skyline I have ever seen. Very impressive.

Thanks, Folks! In that case, I'll get the tripod out and take a little more care next time. You should see this view at dusk in the winter when the air is clear.

There really should be some residential towers in south park; the view would be awesome.

Well, there is just one, the Morrocroft tower here. I've been to the penthouse once with a friend that had business up there more than 10 years ago, and the skyline view is superb from the north side. It's just one of those buildings that you really never hear about as having great skyline views but I think it could rival the best. I'd love to get up there now to take some photos!

Well, there is just one, the Morrocroft tower here. I've been to the penthouse once with a friend that had business up there more than 10 years ago, and the skyline view is superb from the north side. It's just one of those buildings that you really never hear about as having great skyline views but I think it could rival the best. I'd love to get up there now to take some photos!

That would be too much trouble to try to go take a photo from there. I decided to just take a photo from above Southpark, about 2,000 feet up.

3555091101_c5c2a06cc7_o.jpg

More to come.

Edited by InitialD

Here's something I could use a little help with. This photo is looking east along Sharon Amity Rd. from Providence Rd. to Randolph Rd./Cotswold Mall area. What is the name of the development at Sharon Amity and Providence (bottom-left corner)? Also, anybody know what that 7 story brick building at Randolph road is (top-center)? Thanks.

3560893128_13a13b6dcb_o.jpg

Here's something I could use a little help with. This photo is looking east along Sharon Amity Rd. from Providence Rd. to Randolph Rd./Cotswold Mall area. What is the name of the development at Sharon Amity and Providence (bottom-left corner)? Also, anybody know what that 7 story brick building at Randolph road is (top-center)? Thanks.

Colwick Tower.

Colwick Tower.

Interesting. I found a Bizjournal on the building being converted into medical offices, including a photo of the old facade. I guess that's why it looks somewhat new, but explains the lack of a large sign if it were a hotel or something.

What's the new residential development in the bottom-left corner? I can't seem to remember what it is.

Edited by InitialD