Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

If I had the money and were able to move to Charlotte, I would choose to live at the Ashton SE over any other development.

There's something about it being next to the light rail and having that great skyline view to see everyday that makes it spectacular.

South End is one of my favorite areas of Charlotte that I've been to.

• Like 1

From the angle of the skyline, these were taken along N. Davidson am I right?

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned they were taken at Cordelia Park off of N. Davidson (across from 24th and Yadkin to be exact). It looked like there would be enough of a break in the clouds Friday evening that I decided to grab my camera when I got home from work. At the exact spot I was heading to was photographer Curt Peters, who has been shooting the skyline since 1984 and won the Chamber skyline photo contests in 1994 and last year (his photo is still up at http://www.charlottechamber.com

Towards the bottom of this set.

All you photogs better go take photos from atop Center City Green before they hire security and start shooing people away:

4130682557_ba08d84661_o.jpg

Yeah, and if you haven't been inside the CCGreen yet before an Arena event, you HAVE to checkout the upper plaza views with all the people. AWESOME!

^I love this shot because it's one of a new wave of "impressive Charlotte skyscraper" shots where the BOA or HEARST aren't the dominant building!

I snapped the photo of this poster in Green's Lunch the other week. I can't remember if the date on it is 1974 or 1976. If you have some time to look at it in person it is very interesting. The bird saying to BofA Plaza (NCNB Plaza as it was known then) "It's getting crowded up here" or the "this is Uptown, not downtown" (I didn't think the name "Uptown" dated back to the 70's)

4148003580_1b669994b7.jpg

Here is the full size photo

Edited by InitialD

I snapped the photo of this poster in Green's Lunch the other week. I can't remember if the date on it is 1974 or 1976. If you have some time to look at it in person it is very interesting. The bird saying to BofA Plaza (NCNB Plaza as it was known then) "It's getting crowded up here" or the "this is Uptown, not downtown" (I didn't think the name "Uptown" dated back to the 70's)

4148003580_1b669994b7.jpg

Here is the full size photo

I would think 1974. I worked for the General Contarctor, Parke Construction when I was in school as a laborer and that was definately 1973-77 ( $ 4.00/hour; $6.00 on Saturdays ) . In fact, the Radisson is not pictured and that building followed the NCNB tower in 1976-77 to complete the NCNB Plaza. I still have a scar on my foot where I was stomping down on some tie wire on the roof of the tower and which just happened to penetrate thru my boot and thru my foot... lovely feeling..