Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Morecowbell, that is an awesome shot from a great angle. You really should try to get another from that same spot but with a little more light.

To get more light, it would have to be more natural light, ie, around sunset. If he just increases the exposure time, the lighted areas would be blown out, over-exposed.

I was messing around with the panorama-stitch feature on my new digital camera. Not bad for a little $150 point&shoot!

The corner of Caldwell and Stonewall at the NASCAR HOF

post-15256-127472106957_thumb.jpg

From the front "porch" balcony of the New Mint Museum

post-15256-127472108968_thumb.jpg

The new frontier of Uptown (from Brevard)

post-15256-127472111232_thumb.jpg

Caldwell Street turning into an urban canyon with The Park and Hotel Sierra defining the street nicely

post-15256-127472113733_thumb.jpg

Save the Mecklenburg Mill!

post-15256-12747211522_thumb.jpg

My NoDa.

post-15256-127472116231_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Escapists

• 2 weeks later...

Well hell. I thought ya'll would have more pictures or else I would've taken more. And just better pics. I guess I'll get out to uptown today or tomorrow and take some pics of street level and pictures that people don't usually take. I need to take some pictures infront of the Ratcliffe looking towards the museums then towards the Hall of Fame. That's my favorite spot in uptown.

Light Rail Transit hub Station:

LRT2.jpg

LRT-1.jpg

I wasn't taking a pic of the slide, but a pic of the Avenue & Vue. I remember when Avenue was getting glass up it and how lots of people seemed to love the color of the glass. It's so beautiful!

LRT6.jpg

In this picture, I really liked the signs. It reminded me of Madrid. My main intent with this pic was to capture the signs.

LRT4.jpg

The reason I decided to take this picture was to capture the buildings in the background.

LRT7.jpg

Well. I love our skyscrapers, so. I took a pic of the former Wachovia towers. I also love the North Carolina flag flying. I wish we had a huge prominent NC flag in uptown!

LRT10.jpg

Discovery Place

LRT8.jpg

The Arena. Apparently a school graduated?

LRT13.jpg

I was happy to see so many people on Light Rail. Yet... I wasn't happy to see so many people on Light Rail. It was bitter sweet.

LRT3.jpg

Typical Taste of Charlotte:

LRT5.jpg

I think the guy in his underwear thought I was taking a pic of him. I mean, I didn't even see him while taking the pic. Not to say I wouldn't have taken a pic of him if I would've seen him :P . I took this pic because I liked the atmosphere. I love the flags there!

epi-1.jpg

UKUSA.jpg

Charlotteans love their soccer. Can't say the same for Gastonia and other parts of NC.

Sorry for all the pics. They could've been better. I had a horrible cam and I had no battery. So I took whatever I could. There was USA VS. UK soccer, Graduation, and Taste of Charlotte. But I guess I'll start taking pics of uptown and upload regularly. If anyone has any request, I'm open to them. I wont upload 500 pics at a time like I did now, maybe 1 or 3 every week or so.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Nice shots, AirNostrumMAD - are those from A Taste of Charlotte?

This is a rather cliché shot, but it's one I've always wanted to attempt. I finally got an opportunity to do so this past Thursday.

4718699338_149edff9a9_b.jpg

This is one of the coolest pics of the Charlotte skyline I've ever seen. Nice work!