Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Sorry I commented. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope all of you have a chance to visit RDU sometime. It is one of the nicest airports (not including the new terminal) in the country. The highway approach, ramps, landscaping and backdrop of trees are stunning and an incredible "front door" welcome to North Carolina. But then again, Charlotte USA doesn't like to be associated with NC, lol.

Sorry I commented. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope all of you have a chance to visit RDU sometime. It is one of the nicest airports (not including the new terminal) in the country. The highway approach, ramps, landscaping and backdrop of trees are stunning and an incredible "front door" welcome to North Carolina. But then again, Charlotte USA doesn't like to be associated with NC, lol.

I grew up near RDU, and nice landscaping kind of sums up the entirety of the aesthetic appeal of that immediate area. That is to say, safe neighborhoods with well-manicured shrubs and massive nice corporate compounds aside, its all pretty boring. Also RDU has recently completed a lot of aesthetic improvements while CLT is in the midst of working on theirs. No ones arguing that its a bit ugly right now.

Yes, keep in mind that our whole airport area is under construction, hence the ugliness! Part of the reason why you see a lot of red dirt is because they recently built a new runway not to terribly long ago, along with other construction that is about to commence.

Why the hostility? You commented, we stated how we felt. Not a single person told you that you were wrong, they merely stated their opinion on the subject. Did you expect a different response? This is a Charlotte message board after all.

And to end it with a knock on the city? Hmm. Quite an odd choice. I for one am proud to be a North Carolianian.

Why the hostility? You commented, we stated how we felt. Not a single person told you that you were wrong, they merely stated their opinion on the subject. Did you expect a different response? This is a Charlotte message board after all.

And to end it with a knock on the city? Hmm. Quite an odd choice. I for one am proud to be a North Carolianian.

I'm glad that you're not distancing Charlotte from NC, the greatest state in the country. I don't like the "Charlotte USA" signs in the airport nor the marketing campaign from which it came. The whole country is enamored with NC, and well they should be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is that the Park building with cranes on it in Grapnell's photo? Please tell me this is an old picture and that thing is nearing completion.

It has a ways to go but progress is obvious. It looks like it has a different skin on it almost every time I pass by. The roof deck is shaping up but not much apparent action at the street level yet.

Thanks for the update on the Park. It seems to be moving very slowly. To think that I almost bought into that in 2000/01, don't remember the exact year. I see the Chaquita Logo on the Nascar bldg. Haven't been back to Charlotte in about 3 or 4 years. I need to come and see all the changes.