Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

You guys need to post more photos for those of us not in Charlotte! You can't use the weather as an excuse either! :thumbsup:

How you holding up NYXMike, things are flying around everywhere here in Brooklyn. And we just got the dreaded Robocall from ConEd saying out power might be cut. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the episode and there was a caption that said "North Carolna", No mention of Charlotte. Cartman also visited several other cities and I don't remember if they displayed the city name on any of them.

It was state names for all of them. It said Charlotte inside the voting place in the following shot though.

I thought it was cool that they showed it and it was a flattering depiction, but lets not freak out too much over the semantics of it. like ah59396 said, our reaction to things like this actually makes us seem more small-time and trifling than we are.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I know they stopped doing the colors because it was outrageously expensive and laborious with their current fixtures. I guess retrofitting to LED would be in bad form as they continue their cost-cutting efforts.

Wouldn't LED cut costs LONG term though and make them more eco-friendly?

• 4 weeks later...

3.6 years later, we have an updated version of this EXACT shot?  D?  Or Mo, the angle from in front of the building on the corner?   :)  Hi all, long time no post, I did take some pics while at the Panthers/Raiders game, but they suck, will leave it to the pros.

One of my favorite skyline shots:
3560133345_c87d7c7e15_b.jpg

Edited by nowensone

• 1 month later...

I wanted to share a time lapse pic of the Vue I made today.  If you like it, please feel free to share on facebook, twitter, or anywhere.  I plan to make a few more of these in various areas of Uptown, and I will have one of the sunset over Crowders Mountain in the spring/summer. 

dang, you'd think this thread would be more popular!  Here is a slow-motion movie of the water feature outside the library on 6th street.

I also ran the Vue Clouds one thru a really neat program in Ubuntu Studio called Openshot and made it look like the old skool Ah-HA video "take on me" (age check!!) and I'll post it next week after I'm sure I'm done editing it.

• Like 1