Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Another uptown photo from lykedoctor from /r/charlotte.

XTqjUNN.jpg

Now THATS where the transformative projects belong! (or some grazing cattle to serve at our 12,000 dowtown steakhouses)

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone, thanks for the compliments on my aerial photos. I just started this but hope to get better. I was directed over here by a few people from reddit.com/r/charlotte. I went out flying last night and got this... :-)

N79Iq0G.jpg

Awesome lykedoctor!  Which helicopter is that?  And can I give you my GoPro 3 to attach to it, haha? :)  Or is that what your using?

Either way, thanks for stopping over and sharing!

Edited by Mobuchu
  • Like 1

Lol, thanks guys. I am using an H550 hexacopter frame (DJI F550 knockoff) with a GoPro 3. Your offer is pretty sweet—we could shoot some 3D cityscapes!! My profile picture is a thumbnail of it. I recently moved here from San Francisco, so I don't know all the secret spots; I'm on the lookout for awesome aerial shooting spots.

How do you embed youtube clips in the forum post?

• Like 1

Never tried in UP, but just use the share > embed option in youtube, then copy and paste that here I guess?

I assume you have to have a pretty open field to operate?  First Ward near 7th and Caldwell has some open areas.  4th Ward Park, or any of the parking lots uptown on the weekends would be good also.

I have been scouting areas using google maps satellite view. I really only need a 2ft x 2ft area to take off/land but its the safety part of the equation that dictates an open space. I have also noticed there are a bunch of prime areas to shoot from that seem to have hazardous power lines strewn across the field invalidating the locations. Tonight should be a good sunset and I've got a location planned out.

Not that we all haven't mentioned this a bunch of times in the planning stages, but I am really in awe of how much, when completed, the stadium and park will change that side of town as far as in-fill and a sense of expansion of people "living" (including their accessories) in Uptown.

• Like 1

Looks like the Panthers need a new groundskeeper...

They must have hired the guy that took care of the Quail Hollow greens!

In all seriousness though, I think they resod the field every so many years ... so I think that's what they may be doing. I know they were looking to improve the drainage system on the field too.

Thanks for the pics lykedoctor... You've given us all a great perspective of the QC! Keep it up!

Edited by wend28

Yeah, also an aerial shot of South Park could/would be awesome.  With shots like those, I'm realllly tempted to order a hexa-copter for myself.  Thanks for the pics lykedoctor.

Do you mean the mall or the general vicinity? It's a large area, so if you could give me a map with the view/angle you'd like I can probably get it done. It just has to be a safe location—no trespassing and not near any people.