Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Does anyone know what the deal is with the track that goes up and next to that building and the "Tremont" trolley station?

That was just part of the trolley system. It would be more expensive to take it out, then to just leave it. Plus, I think they left it incase they wanted to get the trolley back on this line, although of course that got denied for safety precautions.

Do they change the color for Christmas like they do the Empir State Building? I think it would be neat for them to change the colors for each holiday that has colors associated with it. I was up on the 60th floor a few weeks ago talking to one of their Executive Security Agents. He said they put a "gel" on the glass covering of each light to color it. Before I heard that, I was feeling sorry for the maintenance worker that had to go and change all of those bulbs.

And to think, this isn't the only area that will be a "forest of cranes". The Epicenter/Ritz Site is turning out the same way. It is insanely exciting.

And wait til One Charlotte and possibly Trump. Then if Gazi builds anytime soon on the other side of 277, you'll be driving through the "forest"

I agree, the picture really shows the character of S.End, and quite frankly, I love it! I hope the area just continues to snowball in its success stories and continues to neglect those that are trying to change its character or bring in such projects such as C, that will ruin the vibe that is developing. Great picture Krazeeboi.

Alrighty all... First time really taking night shots, brought my tripod downtown. Checked into the Bank of America garage to get some shots up there, also went to S. End. They came out pretty well for a newbie.

Hearst Tower Top from BofA Parking Garage:

Uptown024.jpg

Courside from 6th level of BofA Parking Garage:

Uptown041.jpg

Camden at Night:

Uptown042.jpg

Uptown from Royal Court Site:

Uptown049.jpg

BofA:

Uptown054.jpg

And Trademark...

Uptown052.jpg

The rest of the uptown views from tonight can be found here.

Edited by Andyc545