Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

That pic's brought to you by Chris Austin, the same guy that made the rainbow hail storm shot awhile back.  That angle really shows the choke-hold that 277 has on uptown but, at the same time, the overwhelming potential that center city still has to consume much more of the loop.

Edited by AuLukey

I havent shared one of these in a while, but I thought this timelapse from the Knights game on Fri night came out ok.  there are a few fireworks near the end.  I personally like the way Element reflects the light from the external screen at BBT ballpark.  Best viewed in HD (hit the little gear button and switch to 1080P HD then fullscreen)

http://youtu.be/lEK-a6gHr48

Edited by MazzoMedia
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

^Always love your stuff Mazzo!   BTW - I rode on 77 past the VUE on 4th of July weekend and it was so great to see it do a red/white/blue color show at the crown.   Thank god they got rid ofg the yellow lights!

The below is not a picture I took, but found online.     I how it captures Romare Bearden, The Catalyst and the new Element.  It gives you an idea of how dense the center city is becoming!  

post-24262-0-74816800-1405689059_thumb.j

• Like 2

^Always love your stuff Mazzo!   BTW - I rode on 77 past the VUE on 4th of July weekend and it was so great to see it do a red/white/blue color show at the crown.   Thank god they got rid ofg the yellow lights!

The below is not a picture I took, but found online.     I how it captures Romare Bearden, The Catalyst and the new Element.  It gives you an idea of how dense the center city is becoming!  

attachicon.gifIStoyrlc7fzijo0000000000.jpg

The lights on the Vue were yellow last night FYI. They're not gone completely, but at least they're not yellow full time now.

It is almost always (bright) yellow.  I know they're going for a crown, but it would be nice if they use a darker shade, something closer to gold.

Not really a big deal, but if were giving opinions... haha. 

Edited by MilZ

Yellow... as opposed to what? Neon Pink?

Frankly - Charlotte could do with a bit more neon pink (and any other color)  to be frank.  

The only color I'm not too thrilled with is the yellow that the VUE uses (not yellow in general btw) because it reminds me too much of cheap sodium arc highway lights which is sort of the wrong impression for a urban skyscraper. 

• Like 1