Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asonj23

The Southbank Trio

8 posts in this topic

Here are a few shots I took of the new and u/c tower trio on the southbank. Things are really looking up!

070106SiteVisitPics-7-18-07-012.jpg

Close ups of the Peninsula, now taller than the Strand and still going skyward!

070106SiteVisitPics-7-18-07-008.jpg

070106SiteVisitPics-7-18-07-014.jpg

And here is a quick Google Earth rendering I put together fot he finished products. These models are very simplistic and are only blocked representations. It does give you a good idea how the Peninsula will stack up against the Riverplace Tower.

Strand, Peninsula, & San Marco Place

TheStrand-1.jpg

Strand & Peninsula

ThePeninsula-2.jpg

San Marco Place

SanMarcoPlace-1.jpg

Expanded southbank skyline!

ThePeninsula-1.jpg

Construction Update

The Peninsula, finally topped out. The tower crane has been disassembled.

p1080332.JPG

Wow, thats impressive. Things brings up a slightly separate question though... what is being done in the vicinity to give the residednts here some place to walk to?

Hendricks Ave (connects these buildings to San Marco Square about a mile away) has been rebuilt and the older structures are being rapidly refurbished and filled with retail, offices, and lofts. Also, most of the rest of the DT area is within reach of the skyway via the Kings Ave station and Riverplace station a block or two away.

asonj, I counted 34 levels? Is that correct? I like the building and its neighbors. Are these on the beach or downtown?

Southbank is on the other side of the St John's River from the main part of the skyline in downtown. I drove through a week or so ago and was surprised how much of a difference these towers make to the skyline. The Wachovia tower no longer looks out of place on the Southbank.

They do have quite the impact on the skyline. Especially driving north on I95.