Temple Street

T52

Update on Temple Street Project (Sage Allen).

According to inside sources, leasing of apartments in the tower has passed the 70% mark (56 of 78 units) and is filling up quickly (a Hollywood celebrity has rented one of the units). Retail at 100% - Hartford

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to inside sources, leasing of apartments in the tower has passed the 70% mark (56 of 78 units) and is filling up quickly (a Hollywood celebrity has rented one of the units). Retail at 100% - Hartford's newest restaurant is scheduled to open in September. Student Townhouse commitments are doing well and feedback from the tenants of the tower and townhouses is very positive. Use of the garage is expanding. Work continues on "Chow Row" and pedestrian traffic on Temple Street has brought new life to the area.

This project's 250

According to inside sources, leasing of apartments in the tower has passed the 70% mark (56 of 78 units) and is filling up quickly (a Hollywood celebrity has rented one of the units). Retail at 100% - Hartford

While this is commendable, are you sure 250 - 300 new residents isn't an overstatement? It seems like a stretch; students only live there 7 - 8 months out of the year (unless it's fully occupied during the summer semester), and a 70% lease mark doesn't mean a 70% occupancy rate (i.e. I doubt people like this Hollywood celebrity will make a permanent move to Hartford).

The 250 - 300 relates to the fact that there are 170 beds in the townhouses (which are occupied by interns in the summer - I think this summer's numbers are around 50% for interns plus some students that keep their units over the summer) plus 97 bedrooms in the loft building (counting the 16 efficiency units as "bedrooms"). My guess is that there are some instances where couples share one bedroom units. I was not suggesting that at this moment there are 250 -300 (I don't know what that number is) but within a few months that number seems like a realistic guess.

I'm moving to that building and I can tell you that the figures are correct based on the availability of the apartments we looked at. When we were looking at the units, another couple joined us, and they signed put a deposit on one of them--one we liked in fact--that afternoon. We were stunned. We then reserved the unit we're moving into, having the choice of two floors with that particular model. The leasing agent informed me that days after we reserved ours, somebody took that model on the other floor. I think the reason they're moving so well is that, though nearly as expensive as H21, the floor plans are spacious and closets are large. Whenver I've gone in there to sign something or speak to the leasing agent, the place is buzzing with prospective tenants and those who already have moved in. I'm impressed and excited.

I was looking to move downtown for a Studio, and this building was by far the most attractive. Great floorplans, washer and dryers in the unit, garage parking space with capacity for overnight visitors and affordable rents for downtown were awesome, not to mention great location. To my dismay, most of the building was occupied when I went looking.

I was looking to move downtown for a Studio, and this building was by far the most attractive. Great floorplans, washer and dryers in the unit, garage parking space with capacity for overnight visitors and affordable rents for downtown were awesome, not to mention great location. To my dismay, most of the building was occupied when I went looking.

Incidentally, we've moved in--and finally got the internet up and running--and we love it. Who says you have to drive everywhere? Places I walked during the past four days: bank, post office, gym, cobbler, barber, bar, florist, city hall (pay the tax man), library, drug store and work. And, D&D is a surprisingly short car ride if you need to go grocery shopping. Anyway, we're thrilled.

Incidentally, we've moved in--and finally got the internet up and running--and we love it. Who says you have to drive everywhere? Places I walked during the past four days: bank, post office, gym, cobbler, barber, bar, florist, city hall (pay the tax man), library, drug store and work. And, D&D is a surprisingly short car ride if you need to go grocery shopping. Anyway, we're thrilled.

D&D is an independent grocery store on Franklin Ave. It's been around since the 30s. It's not too far south of the Franklin / Maple split. It's in a little plaza (with plenty of parking) on the left side of the street if you're driving south. Small store, but with all the basics, and excellent produce, deli, and meat counters.

D&D is an independent grocery store on Franklin Ave. It's been around since the 30s. It's not too far south of the Franklin / Maple split. It's in a little plaza (with plenty of parking) on the left side of the street if you're driving south. Small store, but with all the basics, and excellent produce, deli, and meat counters.

D&D and Sav A Lot are like polar opposites... but yes both are close. Check out D&D's weekly ad in the newspaper for some great deals. It's also on their front door. D&D was originally on Front St., you can see some of the best photos I've seen of Front St. lining the front wall. Honestly, one can easily find the same stuff as a large supermarket on Franklin Ave for the same prices. Also check out Padula (for fruit and vegetables. La Rosa and DiBacco's. I wish these places were still on Front Street though, Temple Street would be huge if that were the case. And there's also C-Town for the discount people on Wethersfield Ave. It's sad that so many people buy the hype that the only place to shop these days is a suburban supermarket.

• 2 months later...

Archived