Pineville Dinner Theater opening soon

swampfox43

I noticed today that the former Coach's Sports Bar on Park Cedar & Park Rd, has been transformed into the new Pineville Dinner Theater. A nice large sign has been placed along the front of the building.

Anyone remember the original one from the 60's & 70's? I never went to that one but my parents use to.

Anyway, the only information I could find was an add on Craig's List for hiring people and a Google search turned up another small article from a May 30th Creative Loafing article: "Try the New Pineville Dinner Theatre, returned to life by two prime ham actors, Craig Spradley and Jeff Pillars. They're doing auditions this Saturday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Coach's Sports Bar, 10403 Park Road Suite J in glorious downtown Pineville. Up for grabs are six paying roles in Having a Wonderful Time Wish You Were "Her," slated for a mammoth five-week run beginning on July 10."

This sounds kinda exciting, and although I will miss Coach's, the place went downhill after new owners took over in '05. :good:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

After just a little over 2 years and the Pineville Dinner Theater has closed it's location on the corner of Park Rd & Park Cedar Dr. The website is still operating but there is no information on it's closing or whether they have just relocated. Anyone know?

In it's place, a new restaurant "Elwoods - BBQ, Burgers & Bands" has opened. I'll check it out in the coming days and post my results in the "Good New Restaurants" topic unless someone else gets to it sooner.

Archived