IN PROGRESS: Metropolitan Miami (Met 1, Met 2, Met 3)

bobliocatt

Related Urbanplanet.org topics: [ South Florida P&C: Metropolitan Miami | ]

It seems like the developers of Met Miami have revised plans for what was orginally going to be the city's new tallest. It looks like they will construct two 450-500ft tall towers instead of one 800-900 footer.

................................................................................

Now that Downtown Miami is shaping up as

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Apparently this revised figure is indeed correct, at least according to the e-mail I received from the city's planning department. A "Substantial Modification" was submitted by Met and the new height called for is now 786 feet. I'm waiting for information from the sales office to see if they are aware of this, or if there are plans to submit another modification.. It is entirely plausible that this is the height of the older revision and they have started advertising the new height before completing the required paperwork with the city. We'll see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My suspicions were confirmed. I was referred to the vice president of development for MDM, who assured me that the new height of Met 3 is 866 feet (eight hundred sixty-six feet). The 786-foot figure is the former height. He offered to verify the status and dates of the filings with the City and follow up with me at a later point. I'll keep you posted.

Met3 will become Florida's new tallest tower in the most legitimate sense.

• 1 month later...

I believe I've read that before but can't find any sources online to back that up.

Here's a interesting rendering of Met3 that I came across.

http://69.94.71.59/img/re/dr-met3-big.jpg

dr-met3-big.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a question,....

Have work on Met 3 started yet, and if so, is Met 3 being built before Met 2...

Last time I was down in that area, it look as if foundation work has started.

Archived