Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAntoniazzi

The Montage on Lake Avenue?

106 posts in this topic

where is this located actually?

they are the "pine street apartments" off of lake and pine. 3 apt towers planned over the next 5 years or so with about 20 floors each.

somehow i dont live downtown, so i have no clue where is lake and pine..

can they change the street to #?

We can move you to 33rd if that will help. :rofl:

it is right behind the Paramount.

wow.

rooftop pool.

man, this thing is breaking ground by winter-time and will be taller than Paramount and perhaps Star Tower; probably a 200 footer. Imagine the density when this gets finished.

A 19-story luxury-apartment building is expected to start rising a block south of Lake Eola late this year as the first of three rental towers planned for the heart of downtown, the top executive for Lane Florida LLC said Wednesday.

31129437.jpg

This image shows that this is right behind the paramount:

31129558.jpg

Can you say ugly? I can...ugly!

ugly or not, this is going to add to and help probagate a dense Pine St. corridor behind Paramount... I welcome it as is amidst the condo downturn.

pretty soon, there will be so many bldgs at 12 stories or greater in that area that it will be mind numbing... well, not exactly... but way better than it was 3 years ago. too bad Eola Place went bust.

traffic gonna be awful on those 2 lanes street with additional 180 cars.

Does this have anything to do with the activity at the corner of Lake and Jackson? If not, does anyone know what is going on there?

Think that is the retirement building behind Star Tower

Any details on this project ??

According to OrlandoSkyscrapers.com, the activity a the corner of Lake and Jackson is Phase C-1 of the proposed multi-phase development which includes the Montage. Does anyone know what they plan to build here on this parcel though?

this is a very important project. think about it for a second... 101 Eoal and Paramount will be wrapping things up this next year along with Star during this downturn, yet this new 19 story apt. mixed use will be breaking ground right smack in the middle of things... and it's off the main drags too, like Star is.

Verde will fill a similar development void, if you will (that is assuming if both get built).

...that is extra ugly...if thats even a phrase

I've looked at the empty lot it goes on. Trust me; this is a major improvement!

Not to mention, when there have been single family homes on these lots just wasting valuable space, any multi-story building is an improvement. Also, how do you expect any taller buildings to ever be built in downtown's core without filling in the empty spaces in the immediate vacinity?