The Montage on Lake Avenue?

MAntoniazzi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Ceremonial ground breaking soon. I will post when I have more details.

if this in fact moves forward, it will be huge; new construction right after the Publix opens 1/2 block away; the neighborhood took a hit when those huge projects from 2 years ago fell through. this is a good comeback project from that. gotta keep the development rolling along...

• 2 weeks later...

The Orlando Business Journal reports that construction of the Montage is starting today (Oct. 1).

GTFOOH!

(Get the f*ck out of here-- in an Eddie Murphy sort of way)

hard to believe. maybe it can be a signal to other developers to get that industry moving in downtown (not that nothing is happening now)...

Confirmed... there is heavy equipment on site (well, one piece) and a tent where it looks like they had a little party. I think work should be underway soon. This is awesome that they can get this going in this market. It will really add to the neighborhood and drive further growth, I hope.

If Lane Company is the developer construction of this project may be coming at what appears to be an odd time, but after I think this company specializies in rental units not condos. Apartment rental is on the upswing as a result of the credit crunch. I would be interested to find out what percentage of new residential construction in Orlando is Condo and what percentage is rental. It will be much easier to access a downtown urban lifestyle as a renter than an owner.

yeah, I saw that tent too last night. agreed it is great infill indeed. it will really fill a big gap in the Pine St. streetscape; very exciting.

yeah, I'm not that excited about the design either. I think there's supposed to be 3 of these towers when it's all said and done. But, we all know how that usually pans out with these projects.

a week after the supposed "ground breaking" nothing is happening here. Anyone know anything? Maybe they got their construction financing pulled at the last minute?

I don't think so about the financing; but I'm not sure the ceremonial GB was anything other than that. maybe their schedule isn't to break ground for another month perhaps. I am hoping another Eola Place scenario doesn't happen. that was a condo that converted to apts. for maybe a minute before they pulled the plug. this is I think a much larger company involved and is non condo from the get-go, so, maybe they are gearing up as we speak.

I don't think so about the financing; but I'm not sure the ceremonial GB was anything other than that. maybe their schedule isn't to break ground for another month perhaps. I am hoping another Eola Place scenario doesn't happen. that was a condo that converted to apts. for maybe a minute before they pulled the plug. this is I think a much larger company involved and is non condo from the get-go, so, maybe they are gearing up as we speak.

what was the name of that previous developer you mention?

Archived