The Montage on Lake Avenue?

MAntoniazzi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Everyone's favorite president says that things aren't the way everyone would like it to be, but we are not in a recession. Besides, with these rebate checks hitting our economy... things will be looking good very soon.

On the economy topic, aren't we borrowing from the Chinese already? So if we borrow money to give out to our taxpayers to spur the economy and then buy all kinds of products from Japan (Best Buy) and China (Walmart), we're kinda just giving money to other countries that we borrowed from them in the first place. Maybe when the economy is going bad next year, too, we can just give a few million dollars straight to China and skip the middleman.

Don't get me wrong, I like when the check passes through me first, but it is only making up for the increase in the cost of goods.

Tangent...

Since everyone follows UAE projects, there was a little story on NPR today about Masdar City. Read the story (or listen to the audio) and check out the video (at least the part in English).

Abu Dhabi Aims to Build First Carbon-Neutral City

Don't get me wrong, I like when the check passes through me first, but it is only making up for the increase in the cost of goods.

...not all of us get the stupid, political welfare check written on borrowed funds.

...not all of us get the stupid, political welfare check written on borrowed funds.

Same here. I was SO looking forward to single handedly improving our economy by taking the check and making 1/2 of a car payment! Oh well, better luck next year...

I think downtown could be filled with rentals and be successful. If there were affordable rentals downtown when I graduated from UCF in 99, I would have much rathered live downtown than any other part of Orlando. At the time, I rented over by the airport at Lee Vista. These developers just need to have realistic expectations on what they can charge for rent but the demand is definitely there. Once the performance center is built, the Montage will have an easy time converting these to condos since this is only a block away.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived