The Montage on Lake Avenue?

MAntoniazzi

It seems that if you started a high rise now, you could get bargain basement labor and materials and by the time you were done; the demand would be knocking at your door.

I agree on the cycles, I don't understand why more people (or businesses) don't play the cycles.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that if you started a high rise now, you could get bargain basement labor and materials and by the time you were done; the demand would be knocking at your door.

I agree on the cycles, I don't understand why more people (or businesses) don't play the cycles.

Because it's like timing the stock market. If you do it right you're a genius and end up rich. If you don't you're an idiot and you end up bankrupt. If you miss the market turn by just a few months it makes all the difference. Ask any high rise condo developer.

• 4 months later...

^^

I'd venture to say... yes.

Lane Cos. is a big company and they apparently own a few parcels over there. we'll have to wait and see. condos converting to apts. floods the market and makes new apt. construction much more risky. and when the economy is sucking, there are less people with the $$$ available to sign these leases and pay these rents. I'm no economist, but it makes sense.

• 2 years later...

Archived