Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

jimthemanincda

Pictures from my hometown of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho:

City in North Idaho, 30 miles east of Spokane, Washington. It is Idaho's second largest metro after the Boise area and includes the state's 2nd and 3rd tallest buildings. It is a major resort/tourist area (imagine Lake Tahoe). Between 1990-2006, the area grew 88%---the 6th fastest rate in the nation.

The city has over 44,000 residents and the metro has over 135,000. North Idaho is home to the world's only floating golf green, the world's longest gondola, the world's longest floating boardwalk, and one of the 5 most beautiful lakes in the world (according to National Geographic Magazine). It is also where the first pair of water skis where used.

Numerous celebrities make the area their home, including John Elway, Patty Duke, Dennis Franz, Ellen Travolta (John's sister), Jake Plummer, Viggo Mortensen, Mark Furhman, and Ben Stein. Brad Pitt and Lance Armstrong were in town last month to watch the city host an Ironman Triathalon qualifying event. Barbara Walters called the city of Coeur d'Alene, "A little slice of Heaven."

Photos from the Chamber of Commerce:

CdA12.jpg

CdA13.jpg

CdA1.jpg

CdA7.jpg

citybeach_summer_eberly.jpg

IronMan200520204kids-1.jpg

resort-golf-course.jpg

river-rafting.jpg

SleighRide-1.jpg

speedboat_werner.jpg

SpringFlowers_Path_Eberly700.jpg

wooden-boat-festival.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a great looking little city tucked away in northern Idaho. Very nice pics too. I like the promenade along the lake. Some nice taller buildings too!

I know they had some record breaking High Temps last week, was it 100 degrees? Perfect day for the beach for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived