Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eastover neworleans

should D.A. Eddie Jordan resign

13 posts in this topic

Everyone in NewOrleans and Louisiana should know what happened a couple of days ago regarding our D.A. unless yoy've been under a rock. Well, I wanted to know how do you guys feel about him? should he resign? has he done enough to make the city saffer?

Everyone in NewOrleans and Louisiana should know what happened a couple of days ago regarding our D.A. unless yoy've been under a rock. Well, I wanted to know how do you guys feel about him? should he resign? has he done enough to make the city saffer?

He should, but he won't.

Where is the outrage over this moron? He wants the city to bail him out for something he did, and now he's letting criminals hang around his house. You've got to wonder if this guy has any common sense!

Eddie Jordan needs to resign, but you guys are right he wont. However, I applaud the city and Nagin for saying they won't pay his judgement! That may force him to resign. Personally, Id be in favor of a state constitutional amendment that would disband the D.A. office and establish a state run one just for New Orleans. Dont see why this couldnt happen, tf they can change our asessor and levee system, why cant we change the DA system that way! It would seem to me the most logical outcome for the situation at hand. Its a chicken and egg deal. The city can catch every criminal it wants but if they arent put away then it doesnt matter. ALso, good prosecutors are staying away from that office, so all your getting are second rate prosecutors for the most part. That office stinks so bad!! The office is literally hindering this city and that is just not acceptable!

Eddie Jordan needs to resign, but you guys are right he wont. However, I applaud the city and Nagin for saying they won't pay his judgement! That may force him to resign. Personally, Id be in favor of a state constitutional amendment that would disband the D.A. office and establish a state run one just for New Orleans. Dont see why this couldnt happen, tf they can change our asessor and levee system, why cant we change the DA system that way! It would seem to me the most logical outcome for the situation at hand. Its a chicken and egg deal. The city can catch every criminal it wants but if they arent put away then it doesnt matter. ALso, good prosecutors are staying away from that office, so all your getting are second rate prosecutors for the most part. That office stinks so bad!! The office is literally hindering this city and that is just not acceptable!

Good point! I still think putting this on the state ballot could be another way to accomplish this! The office may be beyond repair as its currently setup. So even if Eddie leaves it may still be unsalvageable!!

Jordan Resigns

It appears that Mr. Jordan has finally decided to resign. I hope his successor will be a better replacement.

The Times Picayune

From what I've read...the interim DA is highly qualified for the position, and will start immediate restructuring.

Eddie Jordan should have resigned LONG AGO. Black or white, if you suck in a high-profile position, either quit or work in an area where you can be successful. A lot of the responses to the topic were on point. That's what I don't like about N.O. politics, you have these incompetent folks that know they can't cut it but they stick around because people will make it a race issue like "they got rid of him because he's black, if he was white they wouldn't have canned him" or in cases like Eddie Jordan, have the taxpayers clean up the mess he made. Oh well, at least he's gone and it's a new day for N.O :shades: The interim DA has her work cut out for her, she's gonna have to clean up the mess that Jordan made. It shouldn't have to be like that.