Unique Chicago Hotel

eagle

Posted this in the Chicago forum but it's seems half the posters over there are from GR! :lol:

Staying in Chicago in a few weeks for our anniversary. Would love to find a unique, small hotel somewhere in the city.

Any recommendations of some "cute" hotels that maybe I won't find searching the internet?

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted this in the Chicago forum but it's seems half the posters over there are from GR! :lol:

Staying in Chicago in a few weeks for our anniversary. Would love to find a unique, small hotel somewhere in the city.

Any recommendations of some "cute" hotels that maybe I won't find searching the internet?

Thanks.

The Majestic Hotel, one of three City Inns of Chicago (they're each a little different), is a great little boutique hotel. The King Sun Rooms are great - king size bed with a sun room off the main bedroom. Very cool! Not sure what you're looking for or what location, but I had a great stay there a few years ago.

Another place to check out - the Ruby Room. They call it a spa for the spirit - and they have 8 guest rooms that look pretty cool. Definitely not your average hotel experience! My friend's brother and his wife own it and I've been dying to check it out!

*fish

A couple of offbeat choices- the Seneca, which has a good dining room, and the Amalfi. The latter is a relatively inexpensive boutique property, but it is a decent value. The Allegro is a Kimpton remake of the klunky old Bismarck. Cool lobby, but choose your room carefully. Hilton often offers good rates at the Palmer House, but the rooms there are really nothing special. The lobby and public rooms are the real reason to visit.

Archived