Packard site for sale

RustTown

FINALLY. It will be interested to see if it is all demolished or partially renovated. My gut tells me that it will probably all be demolished given its location and the soft housing and office market.

Packard site for sale

The 38-acre Packard Motor Car Co. site on East Grand Boulevard in Detroit is finally up for sale after a decade of court battles, said David Wax, senior associate at Farmington Hills-based Burger Easton & Co.

The city of Detroit tried to foreclose on the property in 1999 but got caught up in a decade-long court battle against Oppmac Inc., a Bloomfield-Hills company that claimed it had a $1.7 million mortgage with interest and penalties owing on the property.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the thing, though, it doesn't just need to be there. Now, it is for the market to decide. As much as I'm for the reuse of buildings whenever possible, something needs to be done with the building and site, and this offers a better oppotunity than ever for that to happen. In a perfect world, development would have spread up the edges of the old city, by now, making a project like this viable.

Archived