Ann Arbor's Broadway Village Still moving forward

wolverine

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at city hall probably thinks this development is going to be an enormous success (which it very well may be) in which case, it would reduce, almost eliminate, free parking in the area, forcing people to either walk, ride their bikes, take the bus (certainly good for AATA) or park in the garage. And, since the garage will have an edge on the parking market in the area, that someone at city hall probably sees a potential boon from paid parking.

Just my guess.

This is great. Though, it has been happening at a snail's pace.

During my MUP time at UM, I had the Real Estate Development class and the instructor was the local developer that started this development on its way....that was 2001.

6.5 years?!.....I know there are environmental issues, but they are only at a small part of the site (where an old dry cleaners was).

The development site actually looks worse now (I did a drive recently the last time I was through AA), then it did in 2001. They need to get some shovels in the dirt and get going. Or at least to do the site demo now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pictures from Tuesday. Demo has begun on the Northeast part of the site.

Old Kroger, now replaced by a newer, shinier one on Plymouth.

low1.jpg

low2.jpg

low3.jpg

Former shops

low4.jpg

Are now across the street in a renovated mall space

low5.jpg

low6.jpg

low7.jpg

A couple business that will benefit being across the street from this project

low8.jpg

low9.jpg

Kellogg Expansion

low10.jpg

A positive thing about this is that at least the graffiti was kept to this building as opposed to others around town

low11.jpg

low12.jpg

low13.jpg

low14.jpg

low15.jpg

low16.jpg

low17.jpg

Last on death row

low18.jpg

low19.jpg

low20.jpg

low21.jpg

• 10 months later...

I can see this huge swath of land from my perch at Kingsley Apartments, just a dead dark space surrounded by industrial and medical buildings. What a shame. At least all those trashy suburban buildings got leveled though. Something had to be done.

Just noticed in that article a new tower is up for approval. And possibly an Uno's in Scio? bought damn time. I like that place, and I don't care what anyone says lol.

I can see this huge swath of land from my perch at Kingsley Apartments, just a dead dark space surrounded by industrial and medical buildings. What a shame. At least all those trashy suburban buildings got leveled though. Something had to be done.

Just noticed in that article a new tower is up for approval. And possibly an Uno's in Scio? bought damn time. I like that place, and I don't care what anyone says lol.

Archived