People talking about Grand Rapids

Libertarian

Bentley Brooklands in Vol. 54 number 2 of Car and Driver Magazine,

Beat me to it! I'm behind in my important reading. :P

I was disappointed not to see any pics of the GRAM, though. Usually when they do those location articles they take some pictures on-location. Can't say I've ever seen a Bentley in GR. I've seen plenty of Vipers and Porsches, and even a Maserati once (isn't that Devos'?) A Bentley would have been something else.

08_Bentley_Brooklands_fangle_mfr_430.jpg

0805_03_z%202008_bentley_brooklands%20interior_view.jpg

That must have been an interesting ride. Andy has been dead for what, close to 20 years?

Well now I feel stupid. I reread it and it still seemed like Andy Worhol was there. I think I was thrown off when the author quoted Worhol, and then in the next paragraph went on to speak in the first person using terms such as "we" and "us", without mention of anyone else in between. I can't figure out why the author would write the article making it sound like a past-on artist was sitting next to him. I guess I'm the only Car and Driver reader not to know that a famous artist is dead...

Followed a black Bentley convertible with that orange? leather from the picture a few posts up yesterday from Knapp & Egypt Valley to Leffingwell. I have seen this car several times...Small blond lady with short hair and somewhat of a lead foot...haha. Should have seen the construction workers on the corner of Knapp & the Beltline practically stop what they were doing to take a look while she was stopped at the red light.

In the winter of 07' I came across this vehicle dedicated to weiners. It was parked outside the Radisson off of Ann St. I have never seen one before and luckily I had my camera with me. :camera: It was freezing out, but I swear to you there wasn't any shriveling of the vehicle. :rofl:

Sorry for the potty humor, but it's true. ^_^

And the daddy of them all: Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile

This is more Michigan in general but when I was in Budapest, Prague, Vienna and parts of Germany this past June...I saw the Jeff Daniels commercials for Michigan all of the time on CNN International. I even saw a quick blip about the Lake Michigan lake shore on BBC...but missed most of it.

This is more Michigan in general but when I was in Budapest, Prague, Vienna and parts of Germany this past June...I saw the Jeff Daniels commercials for Michigan all of the time on CNN International. I even saw a quick blip about the Lake Michigan lake shore on BBC...but missed most of it.

The "Upper Hand" commercials are getting major replay on MSNBC and CNBC also. The Tim Allen Special is getting some replay too.

Having driven and detailed a decent amount of them I'd say there are a few exotic and very high end cars in the Grand Rapids area. The Dutch just hide it well. :P

I've also seen a Lotus Elise around town. I think it was the Elise, and not the Exige, but I saw it a while ago and don't recall now.

I go to school in Ann Arbor, that place is jammed packed with amazing cars like that. The other day i was walking down the street and parked there was a porsche cayman S and i was like ooOoOoh then i noticed right in front of it was parked a Ford GT40 and i just immediately took out my phone and snapped a picture. The following day i saw a ferrari driving around.