Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhino6885

Random Act of Kindness

12 posts in this topic

Why do it just today only, and not make a habit of it?

Just thinking that it might be really cool, if you are going to be near Heartside, tote a bunch of PBJ sandwiches and just hand them out before anyone has a chance to ask for something. Some might not be immediately appreciative but, you never know what might be sparked by that act of kindness.

I have had the opportunity in the past to give someone at the grocery store a few bucks needed to cover the whole grocery bill AND, I've had it come back around to me by a very kind sole.

These acts really do so much good. and I agree, don't make it just a one-time thing - go for the habit!!

Just thinking that it might be really cool, if you are going to be near Heartside, tote a bunch of PBJ sandwiches and just hand them out before anyone has a chance to ask for something. Some might not be immediately appreciative but, you never know what might be sparked by that act of kindness.

I have had the opportunity in the past to give someone at the grocery store a few bucks needed to cover the whole grocery bill AND, I've had it come back around to me by a very kind sole.

These acts really do so much good. and I agree, don't make it just a one-time thing - go for the habit!!

Speaking of random acts of kindness, I just went out to my car and found my window smashed in and my iPod gone. I was having such a "world is good" day too...

I know that feeling... my wife woke up last week to the car door open, our CD player and daughter's portable DVD player missing...

Speaking of random acts of kindness, I just went out to my car and found my window smashed in and my iPod gone. I was having such a "world is good" day too...

I just went out to my car and found a brand new IPod had been left there! :o

J/K, trying to lighten the mood in an uplifting thread. That sucks Rhino. Been there.

I'm always on the lookout lately for people who need help. At the gas station, in the mall, everywhere I go it seems. Not sure when that started.

Not to dog you guys or anything, but why are you keeping expensive, very portable, electronics in such vulnerable locations?

Helping people out doesn't always have to involve money, though. It can be as simple as just letting people in line ahead of you, holding the door open for people, etc.

Helping people out doesn't always have to involve money, though. It can be as simple as just letting people in line ahead of you, holding the door open for people, etc.