Around downtown Phoenix...

HX_Guy

After the Phoenix AM meeting this morning, I took the opportunity to snap some photos on foot since it wasn't horribly hot yet.

These show off the majority of the projects under construction as well as just some shots around downtown...

Panoshot1.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

Walter Cronkite School of Journalism - already at the 3rd story and pretty short, I'm not sure how this will end up with 110' at only 6 floors.

IMG_5599.jpg

ASU Dorms

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

Alta Phoenix

IMG_5612.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg

Lot at 1st St and McKinley...looks like it's a staging spot for the ASU Dorms

IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

Hanny's building finally has new glass

IMG_5629.jpg

Inside Hanny's

IMG_5627.jpg

School of Journalism and view of the Viad tower that will soon be blocked

IMG_5630.jpg

My idea of how every sidewalk in downtown Phoenix should be shaded

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

Inside 15 W Monroe, future Hotel Monroe

IMG_5646.jpg

Again inside future Hotel Monroe

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

Down Portland St

IMG_5655.jpg

The "infamous" new office building at 7th Ave and Van Buren

IMG_5590.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting. As always, wonderful and informative pics.

The Monroe looks lobby nice, but has it changed at all from how it used to look?

I think you're right on with the shading of sidewalks. In a ridiculously climate like Phoenix, shading's a necessity if you want people to actually to walk around anywhere. And it's not really that expensive, especially when you consider what sort of public money is being pumped into revitalization already.

Here is a great shot taken by someone on another forum...

DowntownJuly19.jpg

Probably one of the best I've ever seen. Why is it so great? It shows how downtown really is right in the mix of things.

When ever we see a photo of downtown Phoenix, everything looks so spread out but when you're there, it doesn't feel that way...and this photo really shows that.

The photo was taken from the 23rd story of a residential tower that is currently under construction on the edge of downtown.

Summit.jpg

Again, great photo by Gump. This should be used as a promotional photo by Summit. Hell if I had the money, this shot definitely sold me on it. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived