The Edison

Gard

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The developer has just got approval from the planning commission to raise the height of the Edison office building from 225ft. to 290ft. The office building will be about the same height as the Red Hat HQ.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/blog/real-estate/2014/09/edison-apartments-in-downtown-raleigh-underway.html?ana=e_du_pap&s=article_du&ed=2014-09-11&u=11045158364f85dbe75c694994803c&t=1410470562

The developer has just got approval from the planning commission to raise the height of the Edison office building from 225ft. to 290ft. The office building will be about the same height as the Red Hat HQ.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/blog/real-estate/2014/09/edison-apartments-in-downtown-raleigh-underway.html?ana=e_du_pap&s=article_du&ed=2014-09-11&u=11045158364f85dbe75c694994803c&t=1410470562

290 will make it 4th tallest in the city. Progress 1 is only 280.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Those renderings are completely different. The first one is pretty cool and the second one is pretty much blah so I'll assume that, given this is Raleigh, the second one is the real, latest plan.

Second, it looks like the first several floors are parking, but why is that needed? Wasn't that the point of the Blount Street deck to provide all the parking that would be needed for buildings on this block. Le Sigh.

The fact that Hobgood keeps that condo tower on its front page gives me hope that it'll happen at some point. It would probably be my personal favorite new structure since I've lived downtown (20 years). 

On a related note, I just stopped in the new DGX (don't call it a Dollar General, they will correct you) at Davie/Blount and its pretty good. Small and packed with apartment necessities. Whoever picked out the product list, clearly knew what they were doing. Also the prices were definitely cheaper than Teeter. Score. 

Archived