Michael Vick’s NFL career needs to be over....

michaelskis

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, first off i don't think the NAACP stands for National Association for the Anorexic Clueless Partygirl.

if micheal vick is found guilty of these crimes - he should be banned from football and serve out whatever punishment is recommended. some would even argue if he is found to be even partially involved in dog fighting or "putting down" dogs - he should lose his career in the NFL. it's a valid arguement... as you might recall don imus losing his job due to protest over his use of racially charged phrases.

you might have an opinion of which case is worse when comparing the two... but, my point is there is alot of protest and pressure for dismissal for for both.

still, people should wait for vick to have his due process before dropping conviction on him.... cause then i will have to remind everybody of the duke lacrosse case. we should not forget how a large number of people condemned those guys before the trial began - only to be found not guilty by mistrial.

well, first off i don't think the NAACP stands for National Association for the Anorexic Clueless Partygirl.

if micheal vick is found guilty of these crimes - he should be banned from football and serve out whatever punishment is recommended. some would even argue if he is found to be even partially involved in dog fighting or "putting down" dogs - he should lose his career in the NFL. it's a valid arguement... as you might recall don imus losing his job due to protest over his use of racially charged phrases.

you might have an opinion of which case is worse when comparing the two... but, my point is there is alot of protest and pressure for dismissal for for both.

still, people should wait for vick to have his due process before dropping conviction on him.... cause then i will have to remind everybody of the duke lacrosse case. we should not forget how a large number of people condemned those guys before the trial began - only to be found not guilty by mistrial.

This is not a racial issue. If Peyton Manning was accused of this, he'd get the same treatment in the media. It is about dogfighting, illegal interstate commerce, and torturing and killing defenseless dogs.

One of the co-defendants has pleaded guilty, so it is over for Vick. Federal prosecutions don't lose cases, it doesn't matter how good and expensive one's lawyer is. If murder was a federal crime, OJ Simpson, would be in jail and many other felons who have been wrongly acquitted would be in jail as well.

This is not a racial issue. If Peyton Manning was accused of this, he'd get the same treatment in the media. It is about dogfighting, illegal interstate commerce, and torturing and killing defenseless dogs.

One of the co-defendants has pleaded guilty, so it is over for Vick. Federal prosecutions don't lose cases, it doesn't matter how good and expensive one's lawyer is. If murder was a federal crime, OJ Simpson, would be in jail and many other felons who have been wrongly acquitted would be in jail as well.

Good thing I never like Michael Vick. I would be heartbroken if I was a Falcons fan.

I think it's horrible what Vick did and don't want to take any light from that situation, but I would also like to point out that this is good news for the Panthers and other NFC South division opponents, unless Vick's replacement is actually better than he is, which would be hard for me to believe.

If Vick takes the plea, he would be doing 1 year or less in jail. From that aspect, it would be smart of him to plead guilty but at the same time, prosecutors could flip the script and go for the max sentence. Vick should be very careful about accepting the proposed plea. Even if he does end up taking the guilty plea and does 1 year or less in jail, he may not be able to come back from this.

he's pretty much poison at this point. bad rep, endorsement deals down the drain, PETA on his ass, etc. I don't see how any other NFL team would touch him after he does his assumed prison sentence. no team in its right mind would want to have his cancerous aura in their franchise. maybe except the Raiders, even then they may not even want him either

Under NFL policy, a player can be banned for life for gambling or associating with gambling and Vick might face that penalty.

Supposedly, the prosecutor has warned Vick that if he refuses to accept a plea deal by Friday afternoon he will seek stiffer charges, including racketeering. Current rumors have a plea deal looking at about a year in jail and several hundred thousand dollars in fines.

If he's smart, he will take a plea deal and salvage something out of this. But, by doing so will be an admission of guilt, whick means he lied to the commish about his involvement in dog fighting. Yep, he's sure in a horrible catch-22.

The funny thing is, I haven't heard Marcus Vick's name which is kind of odd since they are pretty tight.

Now he's being accused of personally killing dogs. Vick is screwed.

The thinking now is that as part of a plea deal, he will serve at least a year in jail which means he'll miss all of this season and probably next. By that time he'll be close to 30 years old and an old man by NFL standards. The question is will he be able to get back into football form after 2 years away? Will any team take a risk on him? Since he's a real athlete but may not be able to perform as well as he used to, would he be able to cope with not being a starting quarterback? Will the NFL ban him for life for gambling?

Now he's being accused of personally killing dogs. Vick is screwed.

The thinking now is that as part of a plea deal, he will serve at least a year in jail which means he'll miss all of this season and probably next. By that time he'll be close to 30 years old and an old man by NFL standards. The question is will he be able to get back into football form after 2 years away? Will any team take a risk on him? Since he's a real athlete but may not be able to perform as well as he used to, would he be able to cope with not being a starting quarterback? Will the NFL ban him for life for gambling?

From The Charlotte Observer today:

His anticipated plea agreement in the dogfighting scandal could send him to jail for 12-18 months. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell could then tack on a one-year suspension, or more, even a lifetime ban, depending on any illegal gambling revelations that might emerge in the case.

It would be surprising if Vick is back playing before the 2009 season. The alleged illegal gambling could lead to Goodell suspending the quarterback for life. There is little that petrifies the NFL more than gambling.

It's cases like these that make me wish they never included that "no cruel and unusual punishment" stuff in US law. I could think of a few scenarios involving Vick and eleven once-abused pitbulls on a football field. See if he could juke and spin his way out of that. :o

Archived