Michael Vick’s NFL career needs to be over....

michaelskis

It's cases like these that make me wish they never included that "no cruel and unusual punishment" stuff in US law. I could think of a few scenarios involving Vick and eleven once-abused pitbulls on a football field. See if he could juke and spin his way out of that. :o

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL noted in a statement that the Atlanta Falcons quarterback's admission wasn't in line with what he told commissioner Roger Goodell shortly after being charged.

"We totally condemn the conduct outlined in the charges, which is inconsistent with what Michael Vick previously told both our office and the Falcons," the NFL said.

The head of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP said that Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has made mistakes but that they should not cost him his football career with the NFL. He said, once Vick pays his debt to society, he should be allowed to return to the NFL.

Nike dropped his contract as well. Commissioner Goodell has given permission to the Falcons to try and recoup their signing bonus they gave Vick also.

HOWEVER, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Goodell may meet with Vick in the future, and Goodell said he would review the suspension after all the legal proceedings!!!!!

I HOPE NOT!

Vick officially pleaded guilty today. The plea deal was for 12-18 months in prison however the judge is talking tough so far. Judge Hudson emphasized during the 15-minute hearing that he is not bound by sentencing guidelines or the recommendations of prosecutors and can impose the maximum sentence of up to five years in prison.

Apparently in an attempt to show that he is a changed man and to get a lighter sentence, Vick said today, among other things, that he had "found Jesus."

A Charlotte Observer article summed that statement up pretty well I think:

Maybe Vick has. But a man who wants to get out of jail or stay out of jail always says he has found Jesus. Find me a man who stands before a judge who has not found Jesus.

It's a cliche. It was one too many.

"I told a judge once that my client had found Jesus," says George Laughrun, a Charlotte criminal defense attorney for 26 years and the rare attorney people like. "The judge said, `I didn't know he was lost.' "

You know something, Jesus is being used as a pawn for some of these criminals. Whether Vick has found God is between him and the Lord. If he truly has found Jesus, I'm happy for him. If he's using that as a way to get off, then he lost. Every criminal likes to say they found God while locked down, but half of them are lying. <_<

Whoopie Goldberg started out her first episode on The Vue today by defending Michael Vick. Goldberg said that "from where he comes from" in the South, dogfighting isn't that unusual. "It's like cockfighting in Puerto Rico," she said. "There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of the country."

Whoopie Goldberg started out her first episode on The Vue today by defending Michael Vick. Goldberg said that "from where he comes from" in the South, dogfighting isn't that unusual. "It's like cockfighting in Puerto Rico," she said. "There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of the country."

• 2 weeks later...

When is Vick's sentencing hearing? He's kinda fallen off the face of the Earth lately. Although The Charlotte Observer is reporting a very small link to Vick with a local murder. Apparently quite a few names in the victim's black book corresponded with names that were included in Vick's indictment. They aren't sure if they are people or names of dogs.

Archived