Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oakesLife

Grand Rapids Eastern Railroad

6 posts in this topic

I'm moving to an apartment near the GR Eastern Railroad and I'm wondering what the traffic is like on this system. Does anyone live near it? Is it active? What time does it come through downtown GR? Thanks!

I'm moving to an apartment near the GR Eastern Railroad and I'm wondering what the traffic is like on this system. Does anyone live near it? Is it active? What time does it come through downtown GR? Thanks!

Thanks Raildudes. I looked online to see if I could find that info but no luck. Just wanted to prepare myself if it was a middle of the night kinda train. ;) Very glad it's not. I can handle 8-10!

Just wanted to prepare myself if it was a middle of the night kinda train. ;)

I have a couple of questions: when the train reaches GR, what happens then? Is the product loaded onto other trains from other RR companies? Where does this take place? I've always wondered if they had a yard. Thanks.

I have a couple of questions: when the train reaches GR, what happens then? Is the product loaded onto other trains from other RR companies? Where does this take place? I've always wondered if they had a yard. Thanks.