Eminent Domain with new Graceland Plans?

Memphis77

I have been hearing some stuff that the state government is going to force an eminent domain to seize up residential property that surrounds Graceland (behind and beside) as part of the new redevelopment plans for that area and give that land to EPE. Is this true? I assume this is why the state legislatures were a major player in Robert FX Sillerman's plans. But looking at the long term picture, I guess this would make sense with the issue of crime growing around that area, and it would make the estate a more isolated tourist attraction. I guess this was what EPE meant by controlling the donut that surrounds Graceland.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you consider that EPE previously acquired the apartment complexes around the area, this comes of no surprise to me. I've heard that they've been trying to acquire properties directly east of the mansion for the longest ever since Graceland was designated as a TDZ. However, you can expect some homeowners to likely protest this measure if it is true.

I have been hearing some stuff that the state government is going to force an eminent domain to seize up residential property that surrounds Graceland (behind and beside) as part of the new redevelopment plans for that area and give that land to EPE. Is this true? I assume this is why the state legislatures were a major player in Robert FX Sillerman's plans. But looking at the long term picture, I guess this would make sense with the issue of crime growing around that area, and it would make the estate a more isolated tourist attraction. I guess this was what EPE meant by controlling the donut that surrounds Graceland.

Archived