Bluebonnet Rd.

brgrowth

Bluebonnett has definetly grown, I was listening to the radio and the guy was saying that when people go to most cities they bring them to downtown, but when they come to Baton rouge, they bring them to bluebonnet. it is awesome. I would like to see some nightlife on bluebonnet. That would be nice.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Synchronize the stinkin' lights around there. If you want to be a "big" city, then act like it! This unecessary "stop & go" is so aggrevating!

But yeah the growth in the Bluebonnet corridor has really been impressive. The addition of the 348-room Renaissance Hotel(old eye sore finally gone) is the perfect compliment to Perkins Rowe urban village and Mall of La. expansion(The Boulevard). Not to mention BR General expansion; Blue Cross expansion; more garden-style offices popping up everywhere.

I would like to see some more 7 to 12-story condo's go up along the corridor;esp.Perkins Rowe.

Bluebonnet could be BR's version of a mini-Buckhead in Atlanta.

I would much rather see a entertainment place like Dave & Busters go to downtown BR and not Bluebonnet or Corporate/College.

Richy you are so right about the traffic light problem, but I'm afraid that Bluebonnet is not alone. There are many intersections in our city that have this problem. One that comes to mind is the southbound lane on Airline at Tom Dr. Talking about a headache :o . That light stays green for about 45 seconds, while the other lights stay green in both the northbound and Tom Dr. directions for atleast twice as long. lol.....sorry I just had to vent. But yeah Bluebonnet is very nice and is infact one of the nicest roads in the entire city. It has retail, hotels, and hospitals, which makes it a prime locations.

Yeah I have to agree that Bluebonnet is one of the nicest in BR. I'm a TOTAL fan of the boulevard idea for roads. I hate what I have termed, "the suicide lane", which is that middle turning lane that we put in the middle of our roads. I always say BR is a city of "suicide lanes" and drainage canals. LOL

Archived