Hey, what's that (and other miscellanea)?

sparky05

Ahhhh, I had seen / heard stuff about Park Place around the office, but I never knew where it was supposed to go... I really don't understand any reasoning behind saving that building... its an eyesore, very worn down and, IMO, contributes little if anything to the surrounding area

There were more recent plans than Park Place, but those have also fallen by the wayside (it appears):

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=357252

I drove to work on Michigan today and noticed a HUGE hole in the brand new foundation of one of the new projects. Park Row maybe? sorry for not knowing the name, but almost crashed when I rubbernecked it looking at the damage.

Anyone know what happened?

Ok - it is the "Mid Towne Village" new building. I drove slower this morning and I would surmise that a car has rammed into the brand new building. Had to have hit it pretty hard :huh:

That building is Midtowne Village Building D. Park Row is the Foundation next to the Women's Health Center.

Whatever it was took the canopy too. Maybe a tall truck hit it. There is damage to the remaining canopy as well. But you're right about the lack of tire tracks.

Edited by LowLax

That building is Midtowne Village Building D. Park Row is the Foundation next to the Women's Health Center.

Whatever it was took the canopy too. Maybe a tall truck hit it. There is damage to the remaining canopy as well. But you're right about the lack of tire tracks.

Right, Park Row is this foundation to the right:

932887374_6f54993f0c_b.jpg

Surprised that there was no response til now... It's a new Habitat project (obvious if you've been by in the last week). Looks to be at least 2 units (maybe 3). I am a bit curious about how Habitat works a multi-unit. are they condos? I am not aware of Habitat ever building rentals...

Anyways, it's pretty nice for a Habitat project (though I'm never a fan of the ubiquitous beige vinyl). Labor is supplied by Mars Hill.

I'll try to get a photo on my way to work on my house today.

I dont know if anyone has talked about this, but there is a new building going up on Franklin and, I think College.

This picture is actually a week or so old.

I have no idea what it is.

Surprised that there was no response til now... It's a new Habitat project (obvious if you've been by in the last week). Looks to be at least 2 units (maybe 3). I am a bit curious about how Habitat works a multi-unit. are they condos? I am not aware of Habitat ever building rentals...

Anyways, it's pretty nice for a Habitat project (though I'm never a fan of the ubiquitous beige vinyl). Labor is supplied by Mars Hill.

I'll try to get a photo on my way to work on my house today.

I'm sure it's not a rental property, as Habitat is all about home ownership. Although they usually prefer to build single family homes, I know they have done condo units for years in places like New York City, where there is really no other choice but to go up. I would assume that unlike a typical condo the owners would still somehow be responsible for the upkeep of the yard around the building, as I just can't see Habitat paying someone to do that, or charging the homeowners for it, or sending volunteers over indefinitely to do it.

They're tearing down an old brown building on W. Fulton West of Seward (can't think of the intersection), on the North side of the street. Anyone got the scoop of what's going on?

edit: checked Regis and the address is 751 W. Fulton, at the NE corner of Fulton and Straight.

god ofcourse someone had to mess up our brand new beautiful midtowne village building. Some people i swear.

On another note, what ever happened to the building that was suppose to be built across the street from Bill's Family Restaurant and Cone Shoppe by michigan and fuller. It use to be an old army base and then it was torn down for an office building however it was never erected. whats the deal!?!??