sparky05

Hey, what's that?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

After they moved to Packard Ave, I was curious what was going on with the building. Looked into the records and it appears Valley City Linen bought it. I don't have high hopes that they will do anything cool with the property.

I actually saw this on an agenda recently, that Valley City Linen was expanding (or maybe making it a parking lot?). Didn't think it was worth posting. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I actually saw this on an agenda recently, that Valley City Linen was expanding (or maybe making it a parking lot?). Didn't think it was worth posting. :P 

From What I have read they are expanding more facility, not parking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 10:10 AM, EastownLeo said:

From What I have read they are expanding more facility, not parking.

"Construction of approximately an 11,000 square foot building addition for added facilities to Valley City Linen. Structure will consist of concrete, structural steel, masonry and new landscaping. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three Misc. projects around town:

New Dollar Tree building on S. Division just south of Franklin. Boy, looks like Dollar Tree can actually put an effort into making their storefront not look like a bunker *hint* Dollar General *hint*. And it is actually built to the sidewalk! Wonder of wonders!

I actually really love Dollar Tree's stores as they are always clean, bright, have great products, and everything is actually 1 dollar. Too bad Uptown got stuck with the 2 crappy brands.

WP_20171004_16_58_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.869840ca18a545cf490f9e2f6740a3fe.jpg

This is the former fish restaurant by Leonard and Plainfeild  under renovation. No sign as to what is coming there.

WP_20171005_08_07_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.a81f1cc9720cc45781cb7df1bdfe82b2.jpg

And on the corner of Burton and Breton, a new building is going up. Looks to be a Rite Aide, because goodness knows GR is short on pharmacys.  Maybe they will shock us and have an entrance facing the street?

WP_20171006_09_24_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.9b4d551d7ef32b1eaa77912f0670981a.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

 

This is the former fish restaurant by Leonard and Plainfeild  under renovation. No sign as to what is coming there.

WP_20171005_08_07_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.a81f1cc9720cc45781cb7df1bdfe82b2.jpg

 

Nobody asked but back when I was a kid in the fifties, this building was a Standard Oil gas station.  The reason it has a second floor is because the oil company had offices up there.  Across the street on the east side of Plainfield they had storage tanks for what I assume was probably heating oil.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, walker said:

Nobody asked but back when I was a kid in the fifties, this building was a Standard Oil gas station.  The reason it has a second floor is because the oil company had offices up there.  Across the street on the east side of Plainfield they had storage tanks for what I assume was probably heating oil.   

That's interesting. My whole life, I thought it was some sort of train depot (somewhat logical conclusion in my mind with all of the rails close by). It wasn't until the started gutting it that I realized it was a gas station.

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GR_Urbanist said:

This is the former fish restaurant by Leonard and Plainfeild  under renovation. No sign as to what is coming there.

WP_20171005_08_07_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.a81f1cc9720cc45781cb7df1bdfe82b2.jpg

I was super bummed when Peter's Camera Repair closed up shop. That place was a gem. Hopefully whatever goes in here will bring some life back to that corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, mgreven said:

I feel like I heard it was a real estate office but I can’t seem to remember who...

616 Realty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

616 Realty

Yep!  That's it!  I was almost gonna say that. Not to be confused with the other 616.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mgreven said:

Yep!  That's it!  I was almost gonna say that. Not to be confused with the other 616.

Correct, they are currently on North Park by the North Park bridge north of Riverside Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

Three Misc. projects around town:

New Dollar Tree building on S. Division just south of Franklin. Boy, looks like Dollar Tree can actually put an effort into making their storefront not look like a bunker *hint* Dollar General *hint*. And it is actually built to the sidewalk! Wonder of wonders!

I actually really love Dollar Tree's stores as they are always clean, bright, have great products, and everything is actually 1 dollar. Too bad Uptown got stuck with the 2 crappy brands.

WP_20171004_16_58_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.869840ca18a545cf490f9e2f6740a3fe.jpg

This is the former fish restaurant by Leonard and Plainfeild  under renovation. No sign as to what is coming there.

WP_20171005_08_07_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.a81f1cc9720cc45781cb7df1bdfe82b2.jpg

And on the corner of Burton and Breton, a new building is going up. Looks to be a Rite Aide, because goodness knows GR is short on pharmacys.  Maybe they will shock us and have an entrance facing the street?

WP_20171006_09_24_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.9b4d551d7ef32b1eaa77912f0670981a.jpg

The  Rite-Aid is part of the de-malling of Breton Village. It's not a new pharmacy, but the shifting of the existing one that once was inside the mall. Probably should try for a photo of the actual de-malling: they've ripped out a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wmrharris said:

The  Rite-Aid is part of the de-malling of Breton Village. It's not a new pharmacy, but the shifting of the existing one that once was inside the mall. Probably should try for a photo of the actual de-malling: they've ripped out a lot.

I would agree, the de-malling is quite something.  Has a very intimate feel to it (so far), kudos CWD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.