Hey, what's that (and other miscellanea)?

sparky05

Now someone has painted this wood yellow. WTF? And all the windows, including the old HUD space, are covered over again.

3046603892_3ebc43ab80.jpg

They just need to add the next level of paint that says, "Coming Soon - BW3". Hey, it's the right color...

It would be nice if that means something is going in there.

They just need to add the next level of paint that says, "Coming Soon - BW3". Hey, it's the right color...

It would be nice if that means something is going in there.

Hey, I never thought of that. Was that the spot where BW3 was rumored? Is it still called BW3? :P Maybe they're going to take the whole ground floor.

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

It would make sense, who else would use that crazy color. I think BW3 was originally rumored to be going into the ground floor of the Weston Apartments.

Oh yeah. And the Senior Neighbors in the ground floor of Weston Apts still haven't moved over to South Division as they had talked about doing.

http://blog.mlive.com/knapescorner/2008/02..._ddas_help.html

Maybe it's part of a marketing campaign. Next up will be just a black buffalo painted on those walls (with coordinated billboards on 131 and 196). The Kalamazoo guys who originally were looking at this spot supposedly went over to 1 Ionia.

OK, the plot thickens (and gets murkier, and more backlit). The paper is gone from many of the windows and there is artwork hanging in the windows, backlit with spotlights:

3048698934_3b8ffe49e3_b.jpg

It should look pretty cool at night, but there's definitely nothing going on inside to suggest the space is being built out for anything:

3047861643_1fe3bcfde1_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know whats going on at the corner of Oakes and Market? Last week it was a giant hole surrounded by a fence, now it's filled with sand, surrounded by a giant fence

That WAS the Commercial Printing building which Secchia tore down.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...t&p=1025225

Just curious if anyone's been down Bridge St lately. Has anything been done to the old Little Mexico building? I know they promised to rebuild but they never did say where....

They are rebuilding. There is some demo being done in the still standing building. I believe they plan to have a sports bar as part of the new build. Maybe that will be a good place to watch the beautiful game!

They are rebuilding. There is some demo being done in the still standing building. I believe they plan to have a sports bar as part of the new build. Maybe that will be a good place to watch the beautiful game!

I don't live in the area and I haven't been by in a while much less since the fire so I don't know how much still remains. Based on your post and what I've read and seen in pictures, it sounds like the older and taller brick portion is still standing. Is that correct?

I don't live in the area and I haven't been by in a while much less since the fire so I don't know how much still remains. Based on your post and what I've read and seen in pictures, it sounds like the older and taller brick portion is still standing. Is that correct?

Yup, went by there just yesterday. The former main building's a hole in the ground and it looks like they're gutting the taller Bavarian-ish looking building next to it.

Edited by nurfle!

I just decided that the Masonic Temple on Fulton is my favorite building downtown. For some reason, it blends in when you drive past it, yet it is full of cool architecture (should be).

Cool Fact: What I did not know is that they lease space in the building to companies.

Does anyone have exterior pictures of this place?

I just decided that the Masonic Temple on Fulton is my favorite building downtown. For some reason, it blends in when you drive past it, yet it is full of cool architecture (should be).

Cool Fact: What I did not know is that they lease space in the building to companies.

Does anyone have exterior pictures of this place?

Google does: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&....61951326628071

So does Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=...onic&m=text

Cool Fact: What I did not know is that they lease space in the building to companies. ...

They also have a nice social hall. Upper story (elevator), wooden floor. WHEN GR gets our First Night-type of NYEve event rolling, this would be yet another great venue to include.

My own fave is still the peacock building.

Very interesting inside also. When I was in junior high, my friends and I would serve dinner to large groups of Masons for a few bucks. We always spent time running around the whole building, up and down elevators, etc. If it leases office space, I hope they have not destroyed the interior.

Very interesting inside also. When I was in junior high, my friends and I would serve dinner to large groups of Masons for a few bucks. We always spent time running around the whole building, up and down elevators, etc. If it leases office space, I hope they have not destroyed the interior.

They have left the inside in tact. I got a tour of it last week.

If you want to snap the shot of all shots of the downtown skyline, you need to go in to the men's bathroom (yes, in the bathroom) on the fifth floor. You will never get a better shot of downtown than the one that you can get from that vantage point.

They have left the inside in tact. I got a tour of it last week.

That is great news - a real surprise in this day and age.

Interesting about the men's room vantage point! In exploring the building (mid-1960's) I don't believe us girls ever ventured into mens rooms!