Sim City Societies to hit shelves this holiday season

cityboi

Decay is often the result of too much high-wealth construction. It's actually a little bit of a bug in the game (Sim City 4 actually has a lot of bugs like that).. the supply/demand in SC4 for high wealth is a little out of wack... It supplies way more than can be populated. Thus, high wealth buildings decay some, and middle-wealth moves into them, and all the otherwise middle-wealth buildings decay, and low-wealth move into them, and then low-wealth buildings completely abandon. It's remedied by keeping a close eye on high wealth demand and adjusting taxes to keep R$$$ development in check. Another issue with SC4 is it's sometimes difficult to encourage low wealth development.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
basically this game is a hybrid of the Sims and Sim City. Its not your typicall Sim City game. Many will be disapointed because of that but im willing to try something new and different. I do like how you can place your own buildings when and where you want and the 3D perspective play is a big plus in this game.

• 3 months later...
That would be awesome. I also think it would be cool if it worked like Google Earth and stuff, where people upload new images or structures... whatever they do it would show up. Basically an online forum to allow for everyone to build a city. Maybe make it like fantasy sports too, where you have private groups that you can invite people and a group of people can work on a city.

• 3 weeks later...

The future Cities Unlimited (unlike Sim City Societies) has been in development with the cooperation of the Sim City fanbase for several months now. Already they have revealed fully diagonal (any angle) roads with buildings willing to meet such angles (as was done in their previous game) and have expanded on that to allow fully curving roads. Moreover, options have been introduced for road systems, allowing for placement and determination of width for sidewalks, green strips, bike lanes, bus lanes, streetcars, you name it. Such was not possible in any version of Sim City, where the road was exactly how it was and if you needed to add more lanes, you didn't have a green strip to expand into but rather had to demolish a whole row of buildings.

• 1 month later...

I went out yesterday and bought Sim City Societies and installed it. Every time I try to launch the game I get the blue screen of death and then my computer restarts. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop with Vista operating system. I just got the computer November of 2007. I have 10 gigs of space left on my hard drive. Also I did check my event log and it said "The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service can not be started, either because it is disabled or because it hs no enabled devices associated with it" I have no idea what this has to do with starting up Sim City Societies

SIM CITY SOCIETIES NOW PLAYS! I updated my video drivers! I was begining to regret ever getting the game. Its very cool. I like how you can actually put your own buildings down instead of the zoning. I do wish I could zoom out more though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived