Baton Rouge Business Report

dan326

I will have to check out the 25 year edition fo the Business Report.

Richy I remember the "plans" for that Fidelity tower and the twin towers at the Centroplex. I thought both projects were awesome at the time, but the economy went south and they never happened. We would have a nice skyline now if they would have happened with the addition for the new courthouse, the Capitol Park Complex and City Plaza II now going up.

I don't remember the planned hotel going out on Bluebonnet. I agree, that would be crazy to see a tower like that out there. Especially back in 84. There was not much out there. Swaggart was just getting started at the time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe all of the failed attempts for buildings downtown. That Fidelity building is awesome, that would have looked great downtown, along with the twin Centroplex towers. Just by adding those 2 projects would have given downtown a legit skyline. Can you imagine what downtown would have looked like with those projects plus the ones in the works now, along with RiverPlace. Hey Richy do your magic and give us a rendering of downtown with all those projects, I'd be interested to see what it would have all looked like. :rolleyes:

Actually I'm the one that does the rendrings :D. I'll try and make one by 5 this evening.

At first I felt kind of bad about all these great things that never happened, but just think how played Houston felt when they didn't get those two 1,200 footers proposed in the 1980s. :lol:

Archived