San Francisco Earthquake

Raintree21

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...a friend called, inquiring had a felt the shaker, but did not. I was asleep...said, the tremor shook his bedroom, which awoke him. I haven't felt a tremor since early Spring, which happened in the night. That one felt more like a quick boom...that did alarm me for 3 seconds.

• 1 month later...

This may seem like a really dumb question but consider the source... do you get strong quakes very often in the bay area? :dontknow: I had a girlfriend attending Sonoma State in Santa Rosa back in the early 90's while I was doing my undergrad work at the U. of Florida and I remember talking to her on the phone one evening and mentioning to her that I could never live in California due to the earthquakes...and she said they were no different in her mind than hurricanes in Florida. I suppose you just learn to live with the rumbles and shakes from time to time? I don't hear my colleagues in Belmont/Redwood Shores complain too much about them.

Heck, we get a few of them here in South Carolina, believe it or not. There's a fault off of the coast of Charleston and we've had two quakes that I've felt since I've lived in Greenville. The first was very much a surprise to me until I researched it. :blink:

This may seem like a really dumb question but consider the source... do you get strong quakes very often in the bay area? :dontknow: I had a girlfriend attending Sonoma State in Santa Rosa back in the early 90's while I was doing my undergrad work at the U. of Florida and I remember talking to her on the phone one evening and mentioning to her that I could never live in California due to the earthquakes...and she said they were no different in her mind than hurricanes in Florida. I suppose you just learn to live with the rumbles and shakes from time to time? I don't hear my colleagues in Belmont/Redwood Shores complain too much about them.

Heck, we get a few of them here in South Carolina, believe it or not. There's a fault off of the coast of Charleston and we've had two quakes that I've felt since I've lived in Greenville. The first was very much a surprise to me until I researched it. :blink:

Archived