DPC Agendas

RestedTraveler

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fieldhouse at West End, which is only a few blocks away, is taller than 4 stories. Some of the DPC members seem to think that a skyscraper was proposed for that site!

Given the increasing cost of real estate, there aren't many people who can justify building a short two-story building in the West End. The DPC needs to realize that. I'm all for having a building fit within architectural guidelines for the area, but this proposal was both appropriate and eye-catching. Historic districts don't have to be cookie cutter, nor do they have to have exclusively old-looking buildings!

• 4 months later...

CA-08-13-22SouthMainSt1.jpg

CA-08-13-22SouthMainStfront.jpg

It appears the sale of this building is contingent on the above design passing the march DPC.

The building on the right was approved to be tore down and replace with a 4? story build by the DPC in the fall.

With the cigar store moving into it's new space (next door to the right )and with these two project underway this will be a very busy block.

I'd like to see a color rendering, but it sure beats the current look of the building! I might get sick looking at that stucco!! :sick:

Can someone remind me about the building on the right? Torn down and replacing it with a 4 story structure? I don't recall the plans for it.

And while this proposal is modern, Main Street doesn't really have too much of that. It could be a really nice contrasting element. Anyone think the DPC will turn this down?

Ok, I went back a page and saw the 4 story structure proposed next door. I hope they both happen. 4 and 6 stories would make great additions and investments to this portion of Main. It's great to see the core of Main still creating interest as it also expands in all directions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed a DPC sign in the Green Monster's adjacent building? G-man posted a picture of a DPC sign hanging in the window, but nothing has appeared on the DPC agenda for this month or next... I was wondering if it was a current picture or not.

Archived