"Huge" New Sports Complex

distortedlogic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out of town for about 12 days, but just got back and heard about this. Some people last night were talking about a tram system to connect this development with other I-85 developments and downtown. Anyone know more? :dontknow: From reading the article, I can't tell if this is being developed by a church organization or a commercuial developer? :dontknow:

I've been out of town for about 12 days, but just got back and heard about this. Some people last night were talking about a tram system to connect this development with other I-85 developments and downtown. Anyone know more? :dontknow: From reading the article, I can't tell if this is being developed by a church organization or a commercuial developer? :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this development turns out nicely and isn't just abunch of metal sided buildings. I drove by the site yesterday and it is in a very industrial area off of Fair Forest, and not close to 85. Not the best greatest area of town. The coming soon sign is just a cheap banner. I have a fear this may be a low end Kroc Center. Hope I'm wrong. At any rate, it'll be another entertainment option. :)

DSC03064.jpg

I hope this development turns out nicely and isn't just abunch of metal sided buildings. I drove by the site yesterday and it is in a very industrial area off of Fair Forest, and not close to 85. Not the best greatest area of town. The coming soon sign is just a cheap banner. I have a fear this may be a low end Kroc Center. Hope I'm wrong. At any rate, it'll be another entertainment option. :)

DSC03064.jpg

You guys may be right, but this just sounds like it will be waayy more than a run-of-the-mill rec complex. I don't know too many average complexes with this many different venues, retail, restaurants and a concert hall (bigger than the Peace Center BTW). This sounds to be something really special (of course we'll ahve to stay tuned as we know how these projects seem to go around here :rolleyes: ). :good:

^ I hope it's a success too. It'll serve a need in the community.

With Kroc Center, we've seen the renderings of San Diego's and we know the quality they build....plus it's on the edge of downtown and West End, in a redeveloping area. Have a great feeling about it.

With this project, it's being developed by locals with little development experience and it's in a light industrial area with mostly metal type warehouse buildings. I just hope it turns out nicely. The better it looks and the more features it has, will create a larger draw and ultimately ensure greater success.

^ I hope it's a success too. It'll serve a need in the community.

With Kroc Center, we've seen the renderings of San Diego's and we know the quality they build....plus it's on the edge of downtown and West End, in a redeveloping area. Have a great feeling about it.

With this project, it's being developed by locals with little development experience and it's in a light industrial area with mostly metal type warehouse buildings. I just hope it turns out nicely. The better it looks and the more features it has, will create a larger draw and ultimately ensure greater success.

• 1 year later...

Archived