Richmond CenterStage

burt

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New photos showing concrete floor slabs being removed from the Southeast Quardrant (old Thalhimer building) and stripping carpet and enclosing guard rails on the grand staircase in The Carpenter Theatre will be in this week's pix when they are released -- probably tomorrow -- at which time I'll post them here.

Eventhough they have not changed the date on the home page, RCS construction update for Oct. 23rd is up.

http://www.richmondcenterstage.com

It show a pile driver on 6th Street, but there is no explanation. DC thinks it may be for generator or power facilities.

According to on-scene observers, sidewalks along the Broad Street frontage have been completed.

I do believe these piles ended up being a bus stop cover base. Ill take a look tonight.

This doesnt really have to do with the Performing arts center but has to do with the landmark theater. But one of my favorite comedians are coming to the Landmark Theater. He does a bunch of stuff with Larry the Cable Guy. Ron White is coming to the Landmark Theater. If you have seen him before he's the comedian with the beer and the cigar in his hands while telling jokes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This week's construction update, Jan. 29th, shows excavation going on for the Carpenter Theatre loading dock off of 7th street.

http://www.richmondcenterstage.com

If anybody ever bothers to look at this post, and if you want to continue to do so, just hit the above site along about Wednesday or Thursday of each week. I get a direct e-mail, but I won't be around here much longer to keep posting it.

Is there something you need to tell us Burt? First you announce you're handing off the dining thread and now this. :cry:

I'm retiring from here and Richmond City Watch, jbk. At 80, I'm too old to cut the mustard anymore. I'll lurk around, but will leave the posting to those with a younger outlook. However, I still have about 1700 "viewings" on the dining-out thread before throwing in the towel. I selfishly want the satisfaction of seeing that topic go over the 100,000 mark and knowing that it is the most looked at thread on the UrbanPlanet Richmond pages.

I'm retiring from here and Richmond City Watch, jbk. At 80, I'm too old to cut the mustard anymore. I'll lurk around, but will leave the posting to those with a younger outlook. However, I still have about 1700 "viewings" on the dining-out thread before throwing in the towel. I selfishly want the satisfaction of seeing that topic go over the 100,000 mark and knowing that it is the most looked at thread on the UrbanPlanet Richmond pages.

Everyone stop looking at that thread. Now.

Darn it, just ignored my own advice and looked at the thread...

Hahaha. Don't feel bad, CommRE. There are probably several who are hitting the thread repeatedly to speed me out of here. :rofl: Frankly, I'm looking forward to just reading everybody else's comments without posting.

I'm going to be in Richmond the week of March 10th. Have plans to see "Little Feet" at the National and will be taking a hard hat tour of Richmond Center Stage.

Archived