Tammy Faye Bakker Messner is dead

Charlotteman

A television fixture of the 1980s, an internationally known evangelist who fell in controversy, and in her latter years a gay icon, Tammy Faye died in Kansas yesterday.

She was born in International Falls, MN to a family of religious fanatics and met Jim Bakker, her future husband in bible college. The family was so strict no makeup, nor other "wordly" things were allowed. Tammy was quick to break the rule.

She battled colon cancer for years, and weighed 65 pounds at her death. She was certainly not perfect, but she will be missed by many people. RIP dear Tammy.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of elderly people sacrificed the quality of their own health care so that Jim & Tammy could live the posh life. I wonder how many pills and treatments were never taken because of the money that they stole.

I don't wish evil on anyone, but I cannot say I feel any sympathy for her just because she came down with an illness.

^ I also feel little sympathy for the woman. On one hand, she preached the lovings and text of the Bible and god, and on the other hand, she robbed those who came to support the cause. She wouldn't comment on it later, saying that it was a "waste of brain space" to think about it.

Archived