Hotel in Chicago

laneyj34

Some friends and I are going up to Chicago, from Florida, in about a month. We are college students (so we don't have a ton of money to spend), and are looking to go to a Cubs game and a White Sox game. Does anyone have a recommendation on a hotel for me? I am looking one that is near a train/subway stop so we can drink in town and get back to the hotel safely, and I would like to get a relatively cheap hotel. By "relatively cheap" I mean I don't mind spending some money so we are not staying in a dump.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some friends and I are going up to Chicago, from Florida, in about a month. We are college students (so we don't have a ton of money to spend), and are looking to go to a Cubs game and a White Sox game. Does anyone have a recommendation on a hotel for me? I am looking one that is near a train/subway stop so we can drink in town and get back to the hotel safely, and I would like to get a relatively cheap hotel. By "relatively cheap" I mean I don't mind spending some money so we are not staying in a dump.

Thanks in advance.

The Ohio House on N. Lasalle is centrally located in the River North area and is very cheap for downtown (and pretty clean). We used to stay there when I was in college all the time. Easy walk to several stations. I think they let you park there for free too, which is a HUGE savings. Most of the other hotels charge you $30 - $40/night for the privilege to park in their lot.

Cafe Iberico is an inexpensive Tapas restaurant just North of there that's one of my favorites as well.

Have a great time!

Archived