Apple

gs3

• 1 month later...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

No, no, no! You guys aren't paying attention to the details of the planned Apple store here in Greenville. When you see S. Main Street listed as a possible store location, they don't mean S. Main Street downtown, they mean, literally, the area of the Magnolia Park development that most of the planned stores are clustered around...ie N. Main Street AND S. Main Street. They are the names of the roads within the development.

Apple "is already penciled in for a 5,100sf space on S. Main Street in Phase I of the development, scheduled to open in late 2009 or early 2010."

Go to the site plan for Magnolia and look for the S. Main Street area and lo and behold, what do you see in that row of stores? Why, it's a spot for a 5,100sf electronics retailer!!!

:rolleyes:

:lol: You know, I actually have thought many times about how I'm not a fan of them using South and North Main in their development. It could be quite confusing for some when they simply look up an address online or in the phonebook. Better pay attention to the zip code!

No, no, no! You guys aren't paying attention to the details of the planned Apple store here in Greenville. When you see S. Main Street listed as a possible store location, they don't mean S. Main Street downtown, they mean, literally, the area of the Magnolia Park development that most of the planned stores are clustered around...ie N. Main Street AND S. Main Street. They are the names of the roads within the development.

Apple "is already penciled in for a 5,100sf space on S. Main Street in Phase I of the development, scheduled to open in late 2009 or early 2010."

Go to the site plan for Magnolia and look for the S. Main Street area and lo and behold, what do you see in that row of stores? Why, it's a spot for a 5,100sf electronics retailer!!!

:rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

You gave away the secret!

This would be an excellent post to print and remember for some upcoming announcements. :ph34r:

How is construction coming at MPTC? If it has not already begun, I'd say any store opening, but especially apple will not occur by 2010. I would like to know how Apple has been confirmed as a future tenant at MPTC. See a rundown of all current and future apple stores here. You'll notice that the location is Greenville is considered "unconfirmed." And this website usually is right on the money.

I live in Greensboro and we've been painfully waiting for the Apple store here to open for more than a year now. But a little birdy told me that the store is scheduled to open February 21st, which falls into line with what a mall spokesperson told me!!!

Unless we see any sign of construction on site, I don't expect this development to happen anytime soon. With the economy currently in turmoil and getting worse, this type of retail development will likely face indefinite delays. Of course, that is nothing new.

Apple is definitely coming to Magnolia Park. When though is another question. Phase 1 of development next to Woodruff is moving forward. It goes to the planning commission on Thursday. If it wasn't moving forward, you wouldn't see it on the agenda. First part to get built is Rooms To Go followed by retail buildings in order from west to east. Don't know the status of the rest of the project at this time.

• 1 month later...

I don't blame them either. Magnolia Park is a nice idea, but it is taking too long to come to fruition. My concern with MPTC is that many of the other retailers originally committed to be a part of it will also jump ship (either because they are being cautious due to the economy or because MPTC is taking a long time to materialize).

• 5 months later...

Hmmm....job openings for Apple in Greenville, SC: http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Job...-303830023-wb-6

I think this is separate and apart from Apple retail locations. Retail positions in Apple stores would be listed here. Greenville is not listed as an Apple location yet, neither in the store's retail directory or in the employment area.

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish this new Apple would come to Greenville. We went to the store at the Mall of Georgia this past Saturday to purchase a new MacBook Pro. That money could have stayed local if the store was already here. Apple sure knows how to do things right. We were able to set up an appointment to have dedicated service for an hour. They really took care of us. It was a pleasant visit. By the way, that store was packed with customers, as is the case every time we have visited any Apple location. I have no doubt that Greenville could support an Apple retail location.

I sure wish this new Apple would come to Greenville. We went to the store at the Mall of Georgia this past Saturday to purchase a new MacBook Pro. That money could have stayed local if the store was already here. Apple sure knows how to do things right. We were able to set up an appointment to have dedicated service for an hour. They really took care of us. It was a pleasant visit. By the way, that store was packed with customers, as is the case every time we have visited any Apple location. I have no doubt that Greenville could support an Apple retail location.

I was at the Southpark Mall in Charlotte on tax-free weekend and there was a line out the door of the Apple store and about a 20 to 30 minute wait to get in.

Anyways, you could have kept that money local if you bought the macbook at Best Buy or iPlace!

I was at the Southpark Mall in Charlotte on tax-free weekend and there was a line out the door of the Apple store and about a 20 to 30 minute wait to get in.

Anyways, you could have kept that money local if you bought the macbook at Best Buy or iPlace!

One has to purchase the product in one of the official Apple Retail Stores or on the Apple website to receive the education discounts. Besides, the folks at Best Buy really don't have a clue about Apple products. I know. I visited them a week ago and they just looked at me with blank stares when I asked questions about the Apple products. I bought my first Mac at iPlace, but they are not an official Apple retailer. Things may have changed at iPlace, but they did not have the computers in stock when I bought that one. Anyway, no one can give as good a service as we received at this official Apple retailer at the Mall of Georgia. It was well worth the two hour drive.

One has to purchase the product in one of the official Apple Retail Stores or on the Apple website to receive the education discounts. Besides, the folks at Best Buy really don't have a clue about Apple products. I know. I visited them a week ago and they just looked at me with blank stares when I asked questions about the Apple products. I bought my first Mac at iPlace, but they are not an official Apple retailer. Things may have changed at iPlace, but they did not have the computers in stock when I bought that one. Anyway, no one can give as good a service as we received at this official Apple retailer at the Mall of Georgia. It was well worth the two hour drive.

Were you talking to Best Buy Employees at Best Buy or one of the Apple Employees? I know the person who is in charge of the Apple shop at Best Buy and this does not describe him. He even comes to the local Mac User's Group to update us on what is going on, information about new products, etc. No offense but I can understand why a "blue shirt" at Best Buy may not be as knowledge about Apple products or even the constantly change inventory of other tech, not really an excuse but understandable. Apple on the other hand has a very limited product line and their should be no excuse for not know about their products. As much as I keep up and use Apple products I could help anyone over their. I only wish I could have made money off the number of Mac products I have "sold."

• 1 month later...

Archived