Apple

gs3

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short little article about Apple opening in Charleston and Greenville. Apple in Charleston is freestanding on King Street so it will open in 2008. Apple in Greenville will be in a development that is now scheduled for 2009 opening.

http://mac.blorge.com/2008/03/11/apple-sto...south-carolina/

Will it still be located in Magnolia Park, and could it possibly be ready in one year? There's not a whole lot going on there right now. :mellow:

• 1 month later...

I spoke with Richard from iPlace Technology Solutions earlier this evening. They are indeed moving to RiverPlace. The new store will open around the end of July. It will be located on the second floor, above Michelin on Main. :D

I should point out iPlace isn't an official Apple store. It's an Apple retailer, and a great store, but I'm still hoping Greenville will be getting a true Apple store. Anyone know for sure?

I should point out iPlace isn't an official Apple store. It's an Apple retailer, and a great store, but I'm still hoping Greenville will be getting a true Apple store. Anyone know for sure?
Justly noted, and I would rather see iPlace in that tiny RiverPlace location than see our first official Apple store be so small. Apple could easily build a much larger store in Greenville to cover the entire region better.

• 2 weeks later...

The Apple Store @ Best Buy opens May 30 at 10:00 a.m. :yahoo:

You beat me to it. I went into work today and saw a sign up that told us we are having the grand opening and ribbon cuting on the 30th. The Chamber of Commerce will have some sort of presence and an Apple rep will be there. We have had the product for the change over in the warehouse for a few days now.

Yeah, I dont think he came. I was told by a few of the others I work with he was gonna come, but I guess they were mistaken. What did you think of the display?

I went to Best Buy earlier this evening and saw it. Looks nice. It was around the size of what I thought it would be. Anybody know when the real is going to open?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I checked on Google Maps and that's where Riverplace is. There's no room there unless it's across the street in the RBC/Spill the Beans building. I could see why they would choose to locate there if this is true. RBC would have to move out though seeing how that building is filled too.

Archived