Apple

gs3

I went to Haywood Mall today for the first time in months. Auntie Anne's pretzels has moved into the old Glamour Shots space. The current Children's Place seems like a much better location for the Apple Store. It's also much larger, and Apple stated that they plan on opening larger stores.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When someone knows for a fact that Apple is coming to Greenville, please let us know.

Well fact, a couple of years ago Apple was signed on for Magnolia....Magnolia wavered and Apple walked. One can only assume Haywood, but I don't know that as fact. Someone on here post eveytime a space opens at Haywood that it is Apple, though I doubt that poster really knows....just making guesses.

Knowing Apple had signed for Magnolia, logically, they would still be looking for the right place in this market.

• 1 month later...

The Childrens Place will be relocating to where Eddie Bauer currently is. The space they're currently located in will make way for Apple. Eddie Bauer's last day of operation is today. I have the site plans for the Children's Place new store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Childrens Place has vacated. Apple tenant upfit should begin soon: http://www.drumcreative.com/new-photo-of-apple-store-coming-to-greenville-sc

Anyone have an idea of what APPLE retail stores pay?

The average salary for apple store jobs is $32,000. Average apple store salaries can vary greatly due to company, location, industry, experience and benefits. This salary was calculated using the average salary for all jobs with the term "apple store" anywhere in the job listing.

Source: http://www.simplyhired.com/a/salary/search/q-Apple+Store

Ok, so perhaps I was wrong after looking at the bidding plans again. Says space is 6,000 square feet but there is no way the Childrens Place space by itself is that large. At least I don't think it is. Include the Hair Plus space and you probably have it. Anybody know if the Hair Plus space will be included in the retail part of the store or will it be used just for storage? dontknow.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard something interesting this evening while chatting with some friends. Seems there is a large group of local Apple users, that are delaying purchases of needed Apple products, until the grand opening week of the new store. Their point is, why give the business to an Apple store in Atlanta or Charlotte, when they can contribute to the Greenville location having an "off the charts" grand opening week. Obviously, this tactic seems it would hurt the local I Place as well.... :dontknow:

Heard something interesting this evening while chatting with some friends. Seems there is a large group of local Apple users, that are delaying purchases of needed Apple products, until the grand opening week of the new store. Their point is, why give the business to an Apple store in Atlanta or Charlotte, when they can contribute to the Greenville location having an "off the charts" grand opening week. Obviously, this tactic seems it would hurt the local I Place as well.... :dontknow:

Why would one want to order an Apple product from I-Place when you can walk out with it at an Apple store? I ordered a MAC from I-Place a couple of years ago. It was a pain in the butt to fork out the bucks and then have to wait for the phone call that the computer had arrived. Does I-Place now have computers in stock? I purchased a new laptop from the Apple store at the Mall of Georgia a few months ago. It was a very pleasant experience. I am so excited about getting our own store in Greenville. That place will stay packed with buying customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Crates spotted outside the location by reader José Cerritelli bear Apple's name, as well as that of Kikukawa, maker of stainless steel panels used in Apple Retail Stores. Similar crates can be found at other stores under construction.

Source: http://forums.applei...threadid=103015

whistling.gif Took these pics with my cell phone at Haywood Mall earlier today:

applestorehaywood1.jpg

applestorehaywood2.jpg

haywoodmallapplestore4.jpg

haywoodmallapplestore3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived