New Downtown Developments

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suprised no one saw this!!

TOP headline from a story packed with news: "There’s also talk of building a multistory condo tower at the southeast corner of South and McDaniel Street that could significantly alter downtown’s skyline. .. would have an “iconic” design. The group’s name – Glass LLC – hints at the fa

I am so excited to see what Glass LLC (Hagerman Nu Urbanism) will bring to the table. They are Springfield's premier architechtual firm, however alot of people are afraid to touch their designs because they're so urban, challenging... Check out their website www.h-nu.com

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, you all won't believe this. I found out something big for on Walnut Street.... Walnut Alley. All new condos, spankly new everything, most luxury, seriously.

I'm gonna look out this one, and take pictures from this new Walnut Alley.

Here's the link, you can see the picture on the left as you click it.

Clicky

New townhomes? I really can't picture where that is!

From their site: Brand New Townhomes Downtown!

Walnut Alley is Downtown's newest Student housing development.

This 14 unit townhome complex is being constructed on the corner of Historic Walnut Street and Grant Avenue.

Each unit features 2 stories, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a 2 car garage!

We are pre-leasing now with move-in in August.

---

Student housing?? What type of student lives in something that nice?

New townhomes? I really can't picture where that is!

From their site: Brand New Townhomes Downtown!

Walnut Alley is Downtown's newest Student housing development.

This 14 unit townhome complex is being constructed on the corner of Historic Walnut Street and Grant Avenue.

Each unit features 2 stories, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a 2 car garage!

We are pre-leasing now with move-in in August.

---

Student housing?? What type of student lives in something that nice?

I have seen those townhouses, and they look really nice. I think the 2-car garage is really innovative and will work well for anyone looking for downtown living with some commuting flexibility. I know that they are probably out of my price range as a student though.

As for that potential 12-story condo tower: I really hope that works out -- and brings with it similar type projects. GO HAGERMAN!

I know what Pyaxi is saying. A lot of people have different definitions about what boundaries define downtown. For instance, the itsalldowntown.com parking map boasting over 6000 parking spaces only shows the area between Elm and Mill Streets and Main and Kimbrough Avenues -- a typical conservative description of "Downtown."

Whereas I have always had a broader definition of downtown Springfield: something more or less like from Grant Ave to National Ave and from Grand Street to Chestnut Expressway. This description gives out better known street names and encompasses a larger "center city" as well as the Missouri State campus.

I think we will see in our lifetimes though the greater sense of downtown including the Commercial Street district down to Grand Street and from National Ave to nearly Kansas Expressway and everything in between.

None of this matters too much. It all depends on how you look at it and also in what context. I just hope that all of Springfield thrives and that the center of Springfield continues to strengthen and becomes the heart and spirit of Springfield.

Midtown is up by Drury. I think it would be safe to say that Midtown is anything between Division and Chestnut Expressway and between Grant and National Avenues. I say this because I think a lot of those old homes around Drury are in what is called the "Historic Midtown District," the Springfield-Greene County "Midtown" Library Branch is there on Central Street somewhere between the Greene County courthouses and Drury, and when the Mudhouse tried to open up shop on Central Street near Drury they called it their Midtown location. So my boundaries may not be exactly correct, but Midtown is definitely up by Drury.

I have never heard the historic Walnut Street district referred to as Midtown.

It would be interesting to look more into the reasons different Springfield neighborhoods are called various things. I wonder if Wikipedia has anything about this.

Midtown is up by Drury. I think it would be safe to say that Midtown is anything between Division and Chestnut Expressway and between Grant and National Avenues. I say this because I think a lot of those old homes around Drury are in what is called the "Historic Midtown District," the Springfield-Greene County "Midtown" Library Branch is there on Central Street somewhere between the Greene County courthouses and Drury, and when the Mudhouse tried to open up shop on Central Street near Drury they called it their Midtown location. So my boundaries may not be exactly correct, but Midtown is definitely up by Drury.

I have never heard the historic Walnut Street district referred to as Midtown.

It would be interesting to look more into the reasons different Springfield neighborhoods are called various things. I wonder if Wikipedia has anything about this.

• 4 weeks later...

Chipotle is coming to..... DOWNTOWN! New second location for Chipotle... They're preparing to build all new restaurant at the northeast corner of North National Avenue and St. Louis Street. That area used to be Center City Motors also will be demolished.

Isn't great news???

• 2 weeks later...

Check it out!!

http://www.sbj.net/article.asp?aID=78775

A-Casey.jpg

The Casey Associates is the architect for Six23 Condos for developer Matt Miller and Six23 Condos LLC. Allen Casey and Cynthia Lipscomb are the project architects. Engineers are Vandersluis Engineering Inc., mechanical, electrical and plumbing; Mettemeyer Engineering LLC, structural; and Olsson Associates Inc., civil. The interior designer is Michelle Cantrell. The project at 623 W. Walnut St. comprises a four-story residential condo building with 38 one- and two-bedroom units, some two-story units with balconies and parking in a gated area with enclosed garages. There also will be an elevator, a Zen garden with a fireplace and a water feature at the entry, adjacent to the Monarch Art Factory. Great Southern Bank is the lender for the project, which has an estimated cost of $5 million. Completion is set for June 1.

Check it out!!

http://www.sbj.net/article.asp?aID=78775

A-Casey.jpg

The Casey Associates is the architect for Six23 Condos for developer Matt Miller and Six23 Condos LLC. Allen Casey and Cynthia Lipscomb are the project architects. Engineers are Vandersluis Engineering Inc., mechanical, electrical and plumbing; Mettemeyer Engineering LLC, structural; and Olsson Associates Inc., civil. The interior designer is Michelle Cantrell. The project at 623 W. Walnut St. comprises a four-story residential condo building with 38 one- and two-bedroom units, some two-story units with balconies and parking in a gated area with enclosed garages. There also will be an elevator, a Zen garden with a fireplace and a water feature at the entry, adjacent to the Monarch Art Factory. Great Southern Bank is the lender for the project, which has an estimated cost of $5 million. Completion is set for June 1.

Folks,

Are you ready to see another developing all new condos buildings??

Two Six-Floors Condos Building with two car deck under the buildings!!! I will reveal next day with picture! The site is just one minute away from College Station!

There's news about groundbreaking for Six23 Condos begins this Friday... Bad news for me, I cannot take photos during that day because of my job.

Be sure to watch out for new photo "Beforemath"!!!

Isn't this greatest news than Hammons? Ha ha.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed how many new businesses have opened in Downtown in the last two months to current. If you haven't there are quite a few. Finnegan's Wake an Irish pub, Bugsy Malone's added 2,000 sqf., a new bar will open soon just north of Brew Co. called 'Jewel.' Then there has been alot of other art galleries, shops, and what not.

I was out last night and there were soooo many poeple downtown, it took me 10 minuets to find a space. I know on the weekend's it is normally busy but last night was crazy. Maybe all the college kids just got back in town for next semester... Anyway's just good to see business continually booming down there.

• 1 month later...
I'm sure a lot of you have noticed how many new businesses have opened in Downtown in the last two months to current. If you haven't there are quite a few. Finnegan's Wake an Irish pub, Bugsy Malone's added 2,000 sqf., a new bar will open soon just north of Brew Co. called 'Jewel.' Then there has been alot of other art galleries, shops, and what not.

I was out last night and there were soooo many poeple downtown, it took me 10 minuets to find a space. I know on the weekend's it is normally busy but last night was crazy. Maybe all the college kids just got back in town for next semester... Anyway's just good to see business continually booming down there.

Archived