Visiting this week - suggestions

TimJH

Brand new poster from West Newbury, MA, just north of Boston - Will be here five days, starting tomorrow, visiting my sis in Chester and will eat in Richmond at least twice -

Would really appreciate any suggestions (with comments) for:

Fine dining (stong on Seafood);

Casual Seafood;

Q;

Thai;

Southwest/Mexican, and/or;

Anything you think is great

Also, will visit some wineries up by the Potomic (have done the Charlottesville area pretty thouroughly) and will do a Braves game Friday- what else is going on?

Thanks in advance

Tim

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Brand new poster from West Newbury, MA, just north of Boston - Will be here five days, starting tomorrow, visiting my sis in Chester and will eat in Richmond at least twice -

Would really appreciate any suggestions (with comments) for:
    Fine dining (stong on Seafood);
    Casual Seafood;
    Q;
    Thai;
    Southwest/Mexican, and/or;
    Anything you think is great

Also, will visit some wineries up by the Potomic (have done the Charlottesville area pretty thouroughly) and will do a Braves game Friday- what else is going on?

Thanks in advance

Tim

• Welcome to Metro Richmond, Tim. Browse the Richmond dining-out thread and you'll probably get a lot of suggestions on restaurants from regular posters as well as info on wineries from some of our more enlightened gourmands. I have to warn you not to expect seafood as good as that you have in Boston.

• Richmond poster Downtowner (who we call Joey) can advise you about the Braves. I know they are currently in town playing Ottawa and suspect they will be playing here Friday.

• Since I live in NYCity, I'll leave it to others to suggest things to see.

Welcome Tim. The R-Braves are in Town on Friday and will be playing the Ottawa Lynx at 7:00 PM. The Ottawa Lynx are the AAA affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies. Also The Diamond is located on North Boulevard you can't miss it. Its a big concrete stadium. If you are coming in from Interstate 95 take the boulevard exit and you can't miss seeing it from the interstate. Also must warn you if the crowd is big enough you will be in the concession stand line for at least two innings cause service is horrific. Parking I beleive is 3 dollars. But have fun at The Diamond. Hopefully soon there will be a new Diamond if it ever happens. Also if you get autographs theres a couple names that you might wanna get. Brent Lillibridge is in AAA and played in the All Star Futures Game in San Francisco. Another name you might wanna get is Larry Bigbie who was a former Oriole in Baltimore and is now with the Braves. Unfortunately the Top AAA names have left Richmond for Atlanta like Yunel Escobar. But have fun. I beleive the Braves are still in First Place too.

• 4 years later...

Hello! We haven't seen this topic for several years, but I thought I'd revive it to welcome visitors to Virginia Garden Week which begins next Saturday, April 21st, 2012 and ends a week later on April 28th. It's a state-wide event featuring tours of beautiful homes and gardens across the Commonwealth.

The website provides all the pertinent information:

http://www.vagardenweek.org/index.cfm

Archived